1977 playcraft p24 pontoon

nathan

Well I figured I would bring this back up so I know where it is. I took the time this weekend to make sure to drain the water out of the toons. next thing is to get my dad or someone to weld the break in the tube. The pontoons have been here waiting on my dad to weld the spot since he said I couldn't. but he just hasn't do it yet. but hopefully he will get to it before he heads back out of town. but I plan on getting back on it soon.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully you can get it fixed and get it back out on the water soon Nathan.

You're lucky you're not living up north as you would only have a few months of boating left for this year! :yell: :)

-Chris

nathan

I boat year round. my wife likes to laugh at me when I leave with a heavy coat on to go for a cruse in 20 degree weather. Dad leaves tomorrow for baton rogue so I will either have to wait or ask for forgiveness later.

here is what she looks like now

after I am done with the pontoon I will get back on the skeeter that is in the background.

nathan

this Sunday my dad and I decided that it was time to get back on the project. we got all the cross members back on and added a few to help hold bigger motors!!

cross members

20150705_194510_zpswisgg3za.jpg

added cross members for motor support

20150705_194628_zpsecd3ouzj.jpg

we have the plywood already for the deck so the rest should go quick after my bother's wedding this weekend.

nathan

Ok after my Brother's wedding my Dad and I got to work. We also haven't worked as hard as we could because April and I have been looking for a house and finally found the one and have an excepted offer. We are just waiting on our closing at the end of the month. But back to the boat repair.

First we put the deck down

20150725_154458_zpsbjnmvfy7.jpg

then came the carpet

20150727_182229_zpsvshbgjoz.jpg

Not we have the fences up (I wanted to repaint then but my Dad was tring to get it ready for this weekend.)

20150728_201912_zpsvzksispk.jpg

20150728_201924_zpsmqj5gevt.jpg

We did not get it ready for this weekend. but I started running the wiring and now we are going to figure out exactly how we want to do the interior. I do know that we are keeping the console in the middle of the pontoon. We would have worked on it but my parent had plans to go camping with their camper this weekend. The funny part is this their first trip pulling their camper with Dad's new truck and I have used it twice already and he has had the truck almost a year now :rof:. we should be back on this soon and it should be done by the end of the month.

Sean

Congrats on the new house. Hope it has a garage /shop for all your boating needs :)

Nice work on the mobile dock.... it'll be together in no time

nathan

not sure we are discussing now. most of what needs pain will be covered by the new seats. so we are not sure.

Sean

Have you got a drawing of the proposed layout?
Doing anything special? Unique? Different?... after all, it's a blank slate :)

nathan

We are keeping the console in the middle of the boat. Then there will be seat on each side in the front and the back (total of 4) and 2 fishing chairs on the very front. simple but we hope it allows the most seating available while leaving all the doors able to open.

nathan

ok so my closing got moved as the lenders are making me jump through hoops to get the loan. but that is another annoying story. back to the boat we have been working on the boat when we have had time. We put a new impeller in the motor and replaced the oil in the lower end. we also have ran all the wiring and installed the new console. also got new longer motor control cables. not much left until it will be ready for the water.

20150823_172404_zpsytlyw5sm.jpg

20150823_172436_zps0wkocsxy.jpg

brand new console from pontoonstuff.com

20150823_172418_zpsvypyhbzt.jpg