Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Direct Energy Center - Toronto, Ontario - January 16, 2011

Today marked the day when we take our annual trip to the Toronto International Boat Show. :)

The weather was quite cold with the temperatures hovering around -12 Celsius and with the windchill supposedly it felt like -20 Celsius - at least that's what the weatherman was saying as we parked the truck. :yell:

Thankfully, the annual Toronto International Boat Show on this day, would provide a small reprieve from the winter of 2011 and hopefully a small reminder of warmer weather which we hope is soon to come!

Our trusty photographer Yolanda is along once again this year, although she's quite under the weather, so "Your's Truly" will be entrusted to do the photography duty this year. Hopefully I did alright. :)

Given that this was the last day of the show and also a Sunday, things were quite busy. I did my best to get some decent shots, which was a bit challenging given the crowds.

I'll upload a few each few day over the coming weeks - hopefully I've got enough to make it until spring. :thumb:

I hope you enjoy the pics! :)

-Chris

Attachments

• TIBS-2011-1.jpg
    TIBS-2011-1.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 3

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
You can see by the picture, the show was really busy. And keep in mind, this was actually outside of the show itself in the lobby area of the Direct Energy Center. :eyecrazy:

In the lobby area, the Toronto chapter of the Antique & Classic Boat Society had a beautiful display of some vintage wooden boats on display.

This first boat was a 22' W.J. Johnston. You can probably make out a few of the details on the placard in the picture. :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
There were a couple of antique small race boats in the Antique Boat Display.

Here's the first of the two. :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here is another seaflea type antique racer.

This boat is actually an antique "A" Stock Runabout. :thumb:

yolanda

Official EB Photographer!
Well, I can truly say that I was under the weather both because of the Winter Chill but also having the flu:sick: and feeling like death warmed over......but nothing no nothing could keep me away from the Boat Show, it's a tradition you know! Like putting in the boat for the first time of the season.

I want to thank Chris for his valiant effort in taking the pictures and you did a wonderful job.....couldn't have asked for more:thumb:. And from the pictures I managed to see you take it looks like they will be of great interest. Here's to you kid for a job well done :cheers:

Hopefully, everyone that did attend the boat show had a great time and for just a little bit forgot the chill, snow and gloomy sky. I now want summer more that ever or I'll be happy just with an early warm Spring.

Roger and Out and back to my sick bed.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's one last one of the antique racer. :)

Here are some shots of a runabout that was part of the display. I believe it was made by Duke Boats and was a Canadian Nymph. :thumb:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few shots of the motor and also the original bill of sale which is pretty neat. :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
This boat was located at the entrance to the show. After this one, it's time to head inside the actual show! :)

Here's the price if you're in a "buyin' mood". :D

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few pictures of a beautiful 40' Van Dutch that was at the show. This boat was huge and a little difficult to get shots of due to it's size and also due to where it was locatd at the show.

Man this thing was nice! :devil:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's some that you've probably been looking forward to...

Here's a 2011 Checkmate Pulsare 2100. This one was pretty sweet. :thumb:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a few more. The gel work was really nice as you would expect from Checkmate. :thumb: