1975 Checkmate Vmate restoration

nathan

thats cool that you have your dad's truck that he bought new. I found my grandfather's 1980 f100 that he had since 1982 but I had to let it go because it needed to much work and it was my daily driver so I needed a better and bigger truck.

Will Switzer

Well dad sprayed some of the spots today that was fixed . Now we can wet sand those and than spray the whole top .... I really like the white.

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

Will Switzer

I filled all the little pin holes in with interlux watertite ...

IMAG0348.jpg

IMAG0350.jpg

This old girl is gunna look good in white ... The more white primer that was sprayed the more I liked it ....

IMAG0351.jpg

Will Switzer

I really like how the splash well looks all white . It just totally changed the way it looks .....

IMAG0360.jpg

Than later on we were messing around and wheeled out the motor and pushed it up to the boat to see how it will look .... Looks awesome cant wait to get the motor all painted up .....

IMAG0368.jpg

Will Switzer

Well at 10 pm tonight as I was pushing the boat back in the garage my dad and brother pulled up and we pushed the boat out in the grass and took the top back off . Than we picked the boat up and moved the trailer out of the way and than walked the boat into the garage and set it on the jack stands and 2x4s we had set up . took all of about 15 mins . went alot smoother than we thought .... Now I can get to removing the paint off the bottom .... So in all it was a very busy but productive day .....

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

Will Switzer

Here are a few pictures of the progress ... Got all the paint off and now working on sanding with the DA . I got the one side completely sanded and started the other side started from the bottom up the side and thats as far as I got ......

This side is all sanded

IMAG0383.jpg

You can see here where I started and where I stopped

IMAG0384.jpg

Sean

That is a great job you are doing. I love the Merc 150 "tower of power" you have for her. The first ski boat I was ever in was a red metalflake 1975 Checkmate with that same engine. Awesome.

Will Switzer

I have more Pictures of the recent progress just havent had the time to post them up but most likely will later ... Trailer is almost back together and the bottom is almost finished being painted ....

Will Switzer

Bottom of the boat is all painted now and the bad on the side was primered today . Will be sanded tomorrow and the blue stripe will be put on thursday ....

IMAG0425.jpg

Dad Spraying the Interlux VC Performance Epoxy

IMAG0413.jpg

Will Switzer

I Havent posted in a while but the boat its self is finished now and park at the shop for the winter . The motor still needs a rebuild and will go out in the spring ....

IMAG0473.jpg

IMAG0480.jpg