1975 Checkmate Vmate restoration

Will Switzer

I totally forgot about this thread lol ...

Here is when I started to tear the motor down and getting it ready to ship out to be rebuilt .

Will Switzer

My uncle had came over and made up a strong crate to ship the power head out to Wayne Canino for a rebuild . The crate turned out great .

Will Switzer

While the power head was on it way to be freshened up I started to get everything in etching primer . Once that was done my dad sprayed a epoxy primer over that ....

Will Switzer

While that was setting up I went to the shop and picked up the boat and to see how the plate looked that my uncle had made me . It looked really good and was just what I wanted ...

Will Switzer

paint

This paint here hold up pretty good in the water . My dad had sprayed my other 150 with this in 2008 and it still look amazing ...

Will Switzer

While we were getting everything ready for paint Wayne started sending cool pictures of the power head . Number two had stuck rings that's why there was only 35 psi Compression on that cylinder ... All the block needed was a Good hone and some rings . Now see is pushing over 140 psi on each cylinder ...

Will Switzer

Here she is with the crank back in . Only took him about 5 days to tear it apart and put it back together and send it back to me ...