Shocking New Video of the Japan Tsunami

BosnBill

We've seen a lot of footage of the tragic Japan tsunami, but this clip is the most horrifying yet. Entitled "South Sanriku — Tsunami seen from Shizugawa High School," it's shot from high ground, but toward the end of the video you can see panicked residents running for their lives.

Almost as dramatic as the video is its audio track, where even if you don't speak Japanese, you can tell the people are expressing concern at the beginning, but by the end, their voices have reached a high level of panic and horror as they watch their homes washing away.

Shortly after the tsunami, one survivor called the oncoming deluge "a gigantic pile of garbage coming down the street." That's an apt description, as you can see an entire town reduced to a huge pile of watery debris in a matter of minutes. Shocking.

nathan

thats is an awesome video. it is amazing that something we love so much can be so distructive.

BosnBill

Well said N. I want to do a piece on my blog about water. I'm formulating some ideas around the theme - what good is a boat without water. Maybe bring in a little Brad Paisley on the light side and another video about the raw power and destruction of water. Ideas percolating. :sssh: