here we go

nathan

back yard all loaded up on our trailer and a 16 foot box truck full. making the first trip tomorrow to take the loaded box truck to store the stuff at my parent's. but I will have to make a second trip that I was not planning on this weekend to get everything down that we plan too. this is just first part of the move I will be doing it all over again june 14 for our final move. I hope this is the last time!!

Sean

One thing I envy about my US friends is your ability to move around to a place that suits you. Most of the Americans I meet in business seem to be living in a different state from where they grew up. In Canada this is the opposite with the exceptions of British Columbia and Alberta.

As an American, you have the choice to live in the beautiful PNW with tall trees, crisp winters and lasting summers or, maybe you like the quaint, historic and restful New England area... Norman Rockwell around every corner. How about the playground state of Florida where even in the winter life can have a restful pace. Then there's the allure of California, what's not to love! If you prefer something a little different Arizona offers some of the best any area can offer. If you cant decide, Texas is big enough to offer all from a semi desert to lush tropical environment. Then there's Wisconsin.... close to natures perfection in four seasons (just like most of Canada). If none of those areas tickle you there are many places in between that have much to offer.... Nashville and the Carolinas come to mind the Great lakes regions and western NY. too flat? How about rolling West Virginia? Or Pennsylvania? You can choose large cities or rural serenity and still have opportunity to make a living.

Canada offers jobs near big cities or Albertas "oil patch". This means we congregate around Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal (if you have an affinity for French) and Halifax to a lesser extent. Toronto / Montreal are much the same as a climate zone. Halifax a little more extreme whereas Vancouver is the closet we come to a major change. Government jobs round out some of the other areas but 95% of our population lives within 100kms of the US border. Canada is beautiful, we have plenty of nature however, we do not have near the variety of choices that Americans enjoy.

My point? embrace your opportunities.

Peels

Wow, you sure sound american LOL WELL SAID!!! exactly.

I grew up until age 13 in California (Silicon Valley), and cherish that part of my life. My dad was from this area, and moved us back here after all the electronics industry started moving to china... I love it out there but..

I LOVE the open space, easy commute, cheap living...just relative simplicity of the midwest.

I would give a couple of those up for no more winter though. :)

my favorite place on this earth is the Pismo Beach area. halfway between LA and San Francisco. Its temperate, and beautiful year round. Think its pleasant childhood memories, but when I get near it, I can smell eucalyptus trees, and I'm instantly calm....

Sean

No, Not American.... I have just travelled the USA and love the very different areas, all of which are beautiful country.

Canada is equally beautiful but, with less choice of climate. I'd love to move to a Canadian province that does not have winter! But, there are many other reasons I'm glad to be a Canadian.

Peels

No, Not American.... I have just travelled the USA and love the very different areas, all of which are beautiful country.

Canada is equally beautiful but, with less choice of climate. I'd love to move to a Canadian province that does not have winter!

Yeah I saw by your profile... I was just saying you certainly sound that way!!!! i have never been to Canada personally. I was in Rochester NY for training, and got close though. And my friend from No. Minnesota sounds like hes from there when he talks to other minnesotans.. :)

We were actually considering a temporary move (briefly)to Canada, when Target entered the market up there and opened stores. My wife is Human resources exec for them... glad we didn't, its not going well at all I hear. :eek:

I agree, i feel pretty lucky to live here. My fondest memories as a kid was driving from California to Iowa every other year or so seeing almost the whole country :bigthumb: :cheers:

nathan

I have lived in texas all but 6 months of my life and in Austin all but 3 years and 6 months of my life. love my area and I do not plan on leaving again but you never know what the future may bring.

nathan

well this is the weekend for our big move. then I have all of next week off of work to finish up everything in Waco. I may take my brothers jet ski out next week that way my kids and I can go play on the lake.

Peels

GOOD LUCK!

and happy fathers day....

my birthday and fathers day coincide this year. :) ill be on the water. unless the weather argues, in that case, I'll be in a bottle.