here we go

nathan

Well I had a meeting today and I am being transferred back to Austin!! I am excited as we will be back in my home town and back around family. My family and I will move back in June because Cassidi has to finish school. We have been thinking about moving on my own to be closer to family. I will be traveling daily until we move.

Peels

excellent! sounds like good news for you.

what is the Boating like around Austin? Ive only ever been in and around the beaumont area of texas. WHich always seemed like a desert, then it would rain like the amazon jungle, then be a desert again later LOL

nathan

There is Lake travis which is a great lake but it is 60 foot low. then there is lake Georgetown which is a nice little lake. Lake Austin is a constant level but with travis so far down it is constantly busy. there are several lakes within 1:00.

Peels

There is Lake travis which is a great lake but it is 60 foot low. then there is lake Georgetown which is a nice little lake. Lake Austin is a constant level but with travis so far down it is constantly busy. there are several lakes within 1:00.

60 feet low?:eyecrazy: wow

nathan

it has been about 5 years!! you can find video from a few years ago talking about a flood but it was really just fast moving water. it really did nothing to fill the lake back up.

Peels

I just happened to catch an hbo documentary on climate change last night, and they mentioned that Lake for example

WOW. the docks all landlocked by many hundreds of feet now, trees growing where lake used to be....jetskis on their sides... creepy.

I certainly hope it gets better.

nathan

it has gotten close last summer but then we got a little rain. but with the way we are starting out we will most likely hit the record low this year. I went but the park today while I was out that way and there is even less water than before. I was also thinking that they need to cut the trees that have grown in what was the channel down so when the water comes back there is no issues with them.

nathan

I spent the weekend packing up the house getting ready for the first part of our move this coming weekend. we plan to move half of our stuff that is none essential this weekend. then on june 14 we are making the final move. From packing this weekend I have came a big conclusion, we have way too much stuff! mainly my kids have too much stuff!!!!! Their boxes are double April's and mine. o well should be a busy weekend coming up.

Peels

moving...yuck. and +1 on kids having so much junk.... :) we only had a 1 year old when we moved 10 years ago, it was a a breeze. 4 pickup truck loads. now i have a 10 and a 7 year old... I shudder to think what a hassle it would be moving now. LOL

good luck!

Sean

We're in our third house and just about ready to downsize. My oldest is off to University in September and I can't imaging how much CRAP we'll have to shovel out of this house.....

Peels

We're in our third house and just about ready to downsize. My oldest is off to University in September and I can't imaging how much CRAP we'll have to shovel out of this house.....

LOL yeah I dont want to know.

My kids are good at "stuffing" things away. I opened th3eir closet the other day...it was like a tornado came through, toys spilling out onto my feet. LOL

----------
Also, watching the news this morning, looks like a good thorough soaking head to central texas today!

fingers crossed. hope it helps, better get out there and start cutting those trees you were talking about.