Chris E

i told my sister to stay at home - no point in being around the bugs - my house is bad for bugs right now and i live in a subdivision - hopefully the warm weather will kill the blackflies

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Chris,

What I've found this year, is there aren't very many dragon flys, almost none actually. And usually they come out around the same time as the bugs and they clear a lot of them up.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well I've been a little tardy in updating my 2008 cottage thread. I've actually been taking a few pictures, although up until recently it's been tough to take many pics due to the weather.

According to the old weather man it's been the rainiest summer on record.

But I do have some, so I'll start putting some of the pics up.

Here's a few from July 13, 2008. It was quite windy on this day. During the week, we actually had our sailboat break loose from it's mooring. Same deal with the swim ramp a few days later. Yolie went diving and managed to find one anchor in about 6-7 feet of water but the other we lost. So we had to make another one.

Anyhoo, here are a few pics from July 13...

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the "Latin Lover" putting on the gear to attempt to go find the anchors.

She had no luck on this day as the water was way too murky, with the wind stirring everything up.

Hell of a look though eh? And if she mis-behaves any time soon, I'll post the better ones I've got! :p :bigthumb: :thumb:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a few more from the same day.

I also caught a few of a boat out for a ride. :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
A few more....

I don't remember what kind it was....I think it might have been a Chapparal.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a few from July 14, 2008.

These are pictures of some of the flowers that sprung up in Yolie's rock garden. :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a few pics from August 16 - and also the evidence to why I haven't taken many pics and updated this thread on a regular basis.

It's been RAINING all summer!

Take a look at the water level. My little dock which is normally about a foot out of the water is submerged. At one point, I had rocks on it weighting it down so it wouldn't float away. :yell: :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a few from September 6, 2008. :)

This is of the sunset through the overcast of the horizon.

Chris E

very depressing at our end of the lake - pulled the ladder, put the kayak away, and cleaned up the rest of the dock - the season is slowly coming to an end - man i hate this time of year.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
very depressing at our end of the lake - pulled the ladder, put the kayak away, and cleaned up the rest of the dock - the season is slowly coming to an end - man i hate this time of year.
Yeah, I hear ya. It seems like just yesterday that I was posting the shots of us packing the truck to head up and open up.

Now we're also starting the slow process of putting everything away. We've got another eight weeks or so and it'll all be over for another year.

Oh well, there's always next year! And hopefully next year the weather will be a bit nicer and less rainy. :)

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a few from today. The leaves are really starting to turn and Autumn is definitely in the air. It's hard to believe the season is almost over for another year. :yikes: :)

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a few of the walkway I've been working on for years. Every once in a while I add another step. I've done two or three this year. In these shots I'm digging out the hill, it's hard to tell in the pictures, but most of the hill is blue clay which isn't all that one to dig out. Hence why I just putz away at the walkway. ;)

And here's a pic of a bunch of leaves that piled up out back. :yikes: :)

yolanda

Official EB Photographer!
The thing I hate the most about cottaging is that it always has to end.....cold....putting away the toys.....the boats....the summer gear....the docks.

It is like going to a great party that you wish would never end!!!

JW

Super Moderator
Going to be 80 degrees here in SW Michigan today! Good thing I still have one last boat in, the hillbilly pontoon! AHHHHhhhhhhhhh................the sun feels soooo gooooood.....................:cheers:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey JW,

It was in the mid 70's up here on Sunday as well. This weekend is our Canadian Thanksgiving, so it's a three day weekend for us.

Here are a few more pics.... :)