1972 century coronado

nathan

I took some time and worked on the motor for old timer today. I got the valve covers back on and the windage tray and oil pan back on as well. next is the intake, wiring, new fuel pump (which I still have not purchased), then time to come to austin to put it in the boat.

nathan

I put the intake and wiring back on. I also order a new fuel pump. now I am almost ready to put it back in the boat.

nathan

ok I forgot to take pictures along the way of the rebuild of the rebuild. but here are some of the best pictures I could of taken.

100_4081.jpg

100_4083.jpg

100_4082.jpg

thats right it is ready to go back and be put in the boat. if all goes as planned then I will be bringing it down next weekend to put it back in oldtimer. then I will bring oldtimer back here to finish putting her back together and then hopefully get her ready for a water test.

nathan

thanks OG! well I got the engine back in today but had no time to take pictures of the process. just look at the other ones in reverse lol. I will take more pictures of the hook up later as I hook it all back up.

nathan

ok here we going here she is ready to come home.
100_4140.jpg

yea she made it with no issues!
100_4141.jpg

and o does she look sexy behind that white suburban. I think I may have to do a blue strip down the side of it if I keep oldtimer. It rained here tonight not too long after we got back. the only bad thing was I had nothing to cover it with as the bag I was using got torn up on the way down. But as usual I figured out a good fix and it got something off my garage floor. I used my kid's blow-up pool that we have for the summer now it should be nice and dry until I I can get out there to put it together.

nathan

Good for you and lets go for a ride . :bounce:

when I get her prefect I would love to go for a ride.

today was one of the best water test I have had to date. she was bogging down at first but when she cleared out I put it down. Old timer jumped on plain quick without full throttle. she was going good until I tried to push her harder thats when I felt her loading up and I let off. she pop once while coming down. so now I see the light at the end of tunnel. now I have to rebuild the carb or put a different carb on but it needs to be rebuilt too. but here are the closest pictures I have of her on the water.

100_4153.jpg

100_4154.jpg

after getting back from the lake I decided to put the intior back in. I got it all in there besides the rear cushion because I am going to try and fix the broken seems.

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

nathan

I have decided to rebuild the carter that came on the boat because I found a rebuild kit on eBay for $30. I was not surprised at what I found when I opened it up tonight. But I do believe this would cause the issues I am seeing with the motor bogging down.

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
That would be the culprit!

Good luck with the rebuild, I'm sure it will run much better once you've got it all cleaned up. :)

-Chris

nathan

This is the carb that was on the boat when I got 2 years ago. it set for five years before that. When I got it I put one of my holley carbs on it. when I took the motor out my dad decided he wanted the carb that was on it. so I had to put this one back on but forgot I had not cleaned it until he reminded me. lol. so here we go the kit should be here tomorrow or friday and the time to get smelly and redo it.

Last edited:

nathan

here is what I have after a 45 minutes soak and then going over it with can carb cleaner. it is now flowing through all the jets. it is not as tarnished as the pictures make it look. tomorrow I will clean some more then put it back together so maybe I can take her out on saturday.

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg