Trailer hitch accessory

TUFFboat

Hi everyone,

We were doing a new project and we were after some feedback. If this complete part was made of one piece cast aluminum (except for the prop) would anyone be interested. Being that it cost more to do cast than it would plastic, how much would someone pay for a unit?

This would be quite heavy duty, you can stand on it like a step. The prop is a bit of a problem to source at a resonable price.

Any thoughts please.

BTW, we are working on a #6 out drive version which I will post soon.

Attachments

• Hitch power 1.JPG
    Hitch power 1.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 8
  • Hitch power 5.JPG
    Hitch power 5.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Hitch power 2.JPG
    Hitch power 2.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 7

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard TUFFboat. :)

Is the idea that it will just be a step, or will it also double as a trailer hitch as well?

It looks pretty neat.

-Chris

john lamon

I know you can buy a plastic Evinrude one for $40-50, obviously you can't stand on it because it's plastic, I like the idea of it being a step, this might be a off the wall idea but what if the cowling was removable with a trailer ball underneath? I'd buy it.

TUFFboat

Chris, it was not its intention to be a step. However, because of its unique nature drawing attention to itself, being that stout, it can withstand felonious abuse.

John, The plastic one's were so horrifying, a square box with a Merc sticker or a Evinrude sticker does not make a cool display. The prop style was completely wrong as well. Our idea was not for the unit to be scaled correctly, but to have a clear custom high performance look, and clearly NOT made in China.
Interesting idea about the removable cowl, probably not good for the prop around the chains and wires.

john lamon

Yeah your probably right about the chains and wires around the prop, if you do make a solid one piece let us know, I'll take one, you should ask this same ? on Chris's other forum also, the checkmate forum. as far as I know your supporting membership is also good over there, I'm sure you'd get alot of feedback over there.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I actually thought along the lines of what John mentioned.

What if there was a ball under a removable cowling. Pull the cowling off and you're ready to tow. Once done, put the cowling over the top to protect the ball and make it look cool.

Something like that would be pretty neat. :)

-Chris

TUFFboat

Another version...

Attachments

• power hitch cleaver 1.JPG
    power hitch cleaver 1.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 2
  • power hitch cleaver 2.JPG
    power hitch cleaver 2.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 2