The Submarine

nathan

that is what happens when a moron sells his jet ski buys a boat and thinks they can do the same thing. that is the dumbest new fad I have ever seen. you are supposed to keep the water out of the boat idiot.

BosnBill

Well, that's what we have to figure out... How did he do it? He did something with the throttle or gears and turned hard right. What??? How is that possible without extra weight in the bow? Your thots?

john lamon

I know guys at our lake that do power turns with these types of boats all the time, you need to keep power on until the boat spins or it will dive, this guy cut power at the same time he turned in my opinion.

I got a bigger laugh from some of the comments on youtube, like he forgot to put the plug in and it got bow heavy and suddenly dived :lol:

or guys saying it's a jet drive :rof:

here is a correct power turn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsF8niEGEMQ

john lamon

I guess I'm dumb too :rof:

173.jpg

nathan

come on john your not dumb but the people that try to turn the a boat in a fashion that can easly sink it.

john lamon

come on john your not dumb but the people that try to turn the a boat in a fashion that can easly sink it.

Remind me to video next summer how well you can turn a Checkmate at 50 mph, difference is with that it doesn't slide out, but turns around just as fast, I wouldn't do it with passengers, I agree thats stupid.

john lamon

Power turns like that are quite reckless, actually.

I suppose your right, I've always kind of been what you'd call a hot dogger I guess so to me turns like that don't seem so bad, there is a right time and place for it IMO, if you know what your boat is capable of and are an experienced driver I don't see a problem, but I'm also the same guy that rigged twin 9.9's on a 12' aluminum when I was 10 so we could ski when Dad wasn't around with the big boat. :sssh:

Sean

I suppose I look at the what if's...and the repurcussions.

What if you whack your head and need medical attention?
or become unconscious and loose control of the boat?...or fall out?...or both?
What if you sink the thing?

Do I want to pay for your medical (we have government health care here)? Are you prepared for ANY potential damages arising from loss of control? What about bodily injury (or death) from a runaway boat?
Do you pay for environmental clean up of the gas and oil that would eminate from a sunken craft?

Will your insurance pay off if you tell them you sunk the boat doing somthing it was not designed to do?If you don't tell them it's fraud and collectively we all pay for that.

So to me it's much more than the drivers ability and the crafts capibilities. Boating responsibly is the only way for me.

john lamon

Boating responsibly is the only way for me.

Good on ya :cheers: me too, the captain of a vessel is responsible for his and everyone around him's well being while on the water, that said, all the accidents I've seen on the water here in Saskatchewan are caused by people that go out and buy a 50k boat and hit the lake with absolutely no idea what their doing, not the guy doing the odd power turn or shooting some roost.

In my opinion the Pleasure craft operators card here in Canada is a joke and people should get some kind of real hands on training before they hit the water, for one thing the test is geared mainly towards people in Ontario or BC and most of it does not apply to the rest of the Country, not many shipping lanes on my 16ft deep lake...

Sorry for venturing a little off track here, just my opinion.

Last edited:

nathan

uneducated boaters are a problem on any lake that I have ever been on. weither it is the boat they just purchased or even worst rented. there should be a boaters driving course but there is no such thing here.