The Eva

The Eva

I own a 27 foot 1985 Toba by Kelly. Has a Command Bridge. Single screw Volvo Penta 260hp. They used to be called Campion Tobas, but when Campion quit making them, Kelly, out in BC, bought the mold and made some more. Then he went to work for Cooper Yachts and they continued making them and called them 8M Prowlers. Then Cooper Yachts went out of business. Was afraid to use the 4 burner Propane stove w oven for 3 years. Now I love it.
I bought this boat brand new in "85 at the Toronto Boat Show and have had it ever since. Have added a few things over the years:
Camper Back in 1987
Bimini Top 1992
Chart Plotter 2000
2000 Hard Bottom Dinghy w 15hp
2001 Electric winch installed on transom to lift dinghy & motor
2003 (hit by lightning at mouth of Holland River Lake Simcoe) set bridge cover on fire, melted through hull fittings, destroyed Venturi windshield...$8000 damage
2003 New striping on bridge and hull. new electronics
Anchor Windlass in 2005 (upper helm control)
2005 Electronic Ignition (what a difference in performance)
2009 Standard Horizon Chart Plotter 180i
2010 Digital Select Calling VHF Radio
2011 Drop nose anchor roller

In 2008 season, my wife and I spent 91 days aboard. Been a very reliable Boat. Now boat out of Midland.

C'mon Spring!!:cheers:

Last edited:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard it's nice to have you with us.

Very cool boat! Thanks for sharing. :)

Is the brand Kelly? If so, I'll create a gallery category for you and perhaps you can upload some pics to our gallery. :thumb:

-Chris

The Eva

Usually hang around Beausoleil Island about 7 miles from Midland. Lots of great anchorages and Parks Canada docks if you want them.

GD1

I bought this exact boat last year. Coincidentally It appears that the gentleman who bought it new in 85, lived around the corner from me in Toronto even though I bought the boat in Owen Sound. Very interesting to hear about the lightning strike as the wind shield is a project for this year. Unfortunately the gent I purchased the boat from was quite ill and neglected the care of the boat for quote some time. I started restoring it and am about 90 percent there, however on last ride of the season , the outdrive went. A great boat which I really enjoy, especially the flybridge. Love to get some info about a former secondary motor that may have been on the boat in the past.

GD1

Here is what it looks like now. I painted the entire hull and interior white as everything was beige/brown Still have some work to do and thinking about adding a blue stripe to the hull, like the Prowler 8M's. Curiously enough, you can see the venturi windshield is missing!71647034_10162314455430430_3336056757007941632_o.jpg

65440236_10161909965720430_9062125096113537024_o.jpg

GD1

Also, just to clarify, i did not purchase the boat from the original owner who started this post. I bought it from the second owner.