Retro Boats Web Site

retroboats

Hello to all,

Just a quick intoduction to retro Boats Ltd. www.retroboats.ca

I have recently ventured down the road of re-manufactuing a line of classic late 50's "Glastron/Redfish" look a likes. I started with what I think was a very rough '58 purchased out of a trucking yard in Spokane WA late last fall. The shell was all that was salvagable (under 50 years of paint, fiber glass and failed attempts to repair the rotted floor and transom).

I was able to salvage the hull & deck only but have since re-designed and improved features such as the seating positions, (added cup holders!), raised the transom to 20" and will now be re-molding these classics starting Feb of this year.

The web site is still a little rough but I will have a fully detailed completion for show on there in a few weeks. Models will be availabe in red, teal, orange, white, yellow, blue (and perhaps even pink for thoss of you that must!). Drive has been picked as Honda's 40 HP or 50 HP 4 stroke at this time. Colour matched interiors, stereo's, internal fuel tank, bilge etc are all standard.

Look for the updated site shortly but feel free to e-mail me if any one has any questions

best regards

Cooperider

:bounce::bounce:

Thank you, seeing this is definately going to help get my ass in gear this year.

11_2_104.gif

retroboats

Thanks, its still a work in progress but I have to start getting the word out and sell a few ha!, The resto work on the original boat is fantastic, and I'm sure the mold will yield the same quality!

Check back in a few week

retroboats

never heard of Sidewider till now (I'm getting a crash course on boating like you wouldnt believe in the last 4 monts), they look very cool.

Question for you, do you know anyplace that stocks Taco rub rail? I need to see and feel a few to decide whats best for my models

thanks

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Sean,

I'm glad you made it on. :)

Is your boat a splash of this old one that was at the Gravenhurst Boat Show last summer?

retroboats

Yes and no, mine was from Spokane WA, was a total wreck so I used it as the plug. made changes etc. I did copy the stern area of this yellow one (I found these pics as well) and enclosed it.

I've made a pile of mods, still working on the windshield design though, its the last piece of the puzzle. Do you know anyone who custom manufacturers windshields?

Cooperider

never heard of Sidewider till now (I'm getting a crash course on boating like you wouldnt believe in the last 4 monts), they look very cool.

Question for you, do you know anyplace that stocks Taco rub rail? I need to see and feel a few to decide whats best for my models

thanks
I had not heard of them until recenty either.

I had found a site with just about every type of rail available, I'll see what I can dig up on it. I'm kind of lucky around here, as long I as stay close to what Checkmate and Baja are doing, I have lots of local suppliers, and good deals on shipping.

retroboats

Can you tell me how I can add photos? I have some before and after shots of the deck/hull resto that I think people would find interesting
Thanks

sawcat

Excellent addition to the site Retro :thumb: Looks like you've found a niche in the market all your own. Hope it works out for ya.

Looking forward to watching things progress.

retroboats

Update on Retro Boats

Looks like things are moving rather quickly on the construction of the first Retro Glide 14....Its out of the mold as of last Friday. We are starting the trimming, aligning and floor design. Should have a finished product on the web site in about 3 weeks.

PS, Does any one know where I can buy Taco rub rail in Canada?

How can I show a photo here?

Thanks

Sean

Hello to all,

Just a quick intoduction to retro Boats Ltd. www.retroboats.ca

I have recently ventured down the road of re-manufactuing a line of classic late 50's "Glastron/Redfish" look a likes. I started with what I think was a very rough '58 purchased out of a trucking yard in Spokane WA late last fall. The shell was all that was salvagable (under 50 years of paint, fiber glass and failed attempts to repair the rotted floor and transom).

I was able to salvage the hull & deck only but have since re-designed and improved features such as the seating positions, (added cup holders!), raised the transom to 20" and will now be re-molding these classics starting Feb of this year.

The web site is still a little rough but I will have a fully detailed completion for show on there in a few weeks. Models will be availabe in red, teal, orange, white, yellow, blue (and perhaps even pink for thoss of you that must!). Drive has been picked as Honda's 40 HP or 50 HP 4 stroke at this time. Colour matched interiors, stereo's, internal fuel tank, bilge etc are all standard.

Look for the updated site shortly but feel free to e-mail me if any one has any questions

best regards

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few shots of one of the "Retro Boats" hulls that was at the latest ACBS Summer-Antique & Classic Boat Show.

It looked really nice in person. :thumb: