nathan

cool video and write up. The big cats are fun to watch and it was sad to see the new miss geico go up in flames.

BosnBill

Thank you Nathan. Can't agree with you more! You of anybody, including Sean in these posts, knows what goes into creating the boat of a dream, from the ground up and then some. Miss Geico has a lot of money behind it, we love to see the success, but you guys are the real champions. :thumb:

Sean

I love the Offshore guys!

After almost 15 years of road racing I know what goes into a championship race team. To see these guys take that to the water at the level (and speeds) they do is amazing. This is still a dangerous sport (lost some experienced men in Key West last year) and everyone involved realizes that yet they still push the limits!

The video is correct...you get those smells and sounds and feel of power...and ya just gotta go! I would love to see the championships in person. Once you race, the long hours of building, testing, rebuilding, innovating, more testing, breaking and fixing, practicing and inventing all become worthwhile. The elation of success and the devestation of failure and tragedy are all part of racing (or any sport) but, I believe racers feel it most andthe Offshore guys more than most. Anyone not exposed to this would have a hard time understanding it.

This year the Toronto ACBS boat show features the best raceboats (over 100) in Canadian history including Miss Supertest and Miss Canada IV hydros. It is an inwater show so we will get a taste of those smells sounds and senses. I would highly reccomend attending if at all possible. http://www.acbs.ca/

I bought a Donzi on the strength of the offshore crowd (and will own/build another someday) but, my little wood project keeps the embers glowing of what once was a fire to go racing. I suppose this is what old racers do to keep busy....

Last edited:

BosnBill

Well said Sean. These guys are amazing and I'm sure you're right, you have to be one to really know what it's like. It's the same kind of dedication to a passion you find in any competitive sport only offshore racing is extremely dangerous when you push the limits. So much at stake; life, limb and one hell of a highly honed rocket ship.