October

Sean

Well, it's now past Canadian Thanksgiving.... this is traditionally the time when I clean out the boat , winterize and tuck her in for the winter.

However, this is also a fantastic time of year to boat. Not too much traffic, beautiful leaves changing colour and some sunny calm days. After an overcast summer we're extending the 2014 at least a couple of weeks.

Things here have been busy but, we are making an effort to get out at least 2 more days. This isn't easy when you are a trailering boater like I am. At a cottage this is no big deal...untie and go. Trailering boaters need to plan a day and make arrangements. Here's to hoping for good weather.

When does your boating season wind down?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
We usually put the small boat away in early November.

The weather can be pretty hit and miss this time of year, it can be fairly nice and warm or snowing, sometimes all in the same day! LOL!

Hopefully it'll stay nice like it has been this week. :)

-Chris

Peels

I have been seriously hoping to get another trip in, but i think it might be done. :( havent used it in a month and a half.

fall is busy time at my work, and also the Mrs.

Plus coaching the two kids soccer teams...

Ill keep my fingers crossed though :) but will winterize soon.

Sean

October has been downright disappointing weather-wise. Although, with the mediocre summer we had I can hardly say I'm surprised. So, next weekend is it...........

If it's nice... one last ride. If not, down to the shop she goes to get winterized and then tucked in for the duration.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
October has been downright disappointing weather-wise. Although, with the mediocre summer we had I can hardly say I'm surprised. So, next weekend is it...........

If it's nice... one last ride. If not, down to the shop she goes to get winterized and then tucked in for the duration.
They're predicting it will be warmer than normal.

Let's see what they're predicting at the end of the week though. ;)

They have a bit of a habit of changing things the day before. :D

-Chris

Sean

Looks like 13 partly sunny, chance of a shower...
Probably as good a day as there will be for the rest of 2014.

I might just use the good weather to prep for the winter... hate to do that in the rain too.