Northstar Boats........

danielarand

Hey everyone!

Anyone heard of NORTHSTAR boats?

I recently purchased a 1996 17' Northstar bowrider with a 1998 Evinrude 115 SPl outboard.

I'm looking for manuals or at least some specifications info on the boat. I've done web searches, and came up with very little.....I know they were made in Canada by Graystar Industries Ldt. for only three years.

Other than the HIN, there are no other markings on or in the boat to identify what model this boat is.

If anyone has any info they'd like to share with me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Dan-R.....

nathan

maybe northstar is the model? you are right there is not alot of info on that boat. what type of manual are you looking for? boat owners manuals usually do not have any useful information. you would be better off getting a manual for the motor type you have.

danielarand

Thanks Nathan!

I did a Boat Fax check on it with the HIN.....it's definitely a Northstar brand, made by Graystar Industries, Lt............but it didn't offer any more than that for info. I'm mainly looking for specs like fuel tank capacity, weight, etc, etc.

The '98 Evinrude 115 SPL is a common outboard.....plenty of info available for that.

Thanks again for your response!

nathan

since the boat is an outboard you maybe able to see the back of the tank behind the back seats. if you can see if there is a decal, or plate with the measurements of the tank. either that or borrow a credit card when the tank is empty. then take said credit card to the gas station and let the tank fill until it clicks :rof: . but being a 17' boat I would guess it would have a 15-20 gallon tank. there should be a plate somewhere in the boat that gives weight limits. you could always take the boat across some scales then take the empty trailer accross to get the weight. the bad thing about short lived boat manufacturers is that unless you get an advided fan of the boats there is usually no information on them. and if they are purchased by a bigger company the records just go a way.

nathan

does it look like this?

scorpion_ski_13164.jpg

Contact the seller
Edit or Delete your ad
Place an ad

Price: $8,995
Date/Time:01 May, 11:35 a.m. EST
Type: Powerboats

Province: Ontario City: Bancroft Boat type: Powerboats
Powerboats in Ontario
This ad is older than 2 months.
View similar ads: Powerboats, Powerboats in Ontario

1996 north star scorpion ski 130 johnson ,all new interior very clean and ready for summer fun

nathan

or this

northstar-scorpion185.jpg

1996 Northstar Scorpion 185 with a 1996 V6 150 HP Johnson outboard motor with power tilt and trim. This boat has had minimal usage and is in excellent condition. It has always been perfectly maintained and stored indoors. It is a wonderful all round family, ski and performance boat. It is fast and powerful for skiing and also a wide luxurious bowrider, great for family fun.

The boat has large comfortable lounge seats, AM/FM stereo cassette, center storage compartment, 23 gal built in fuel tank and trailer with an easy load 3rd wheel.

danielarand

It looks exactly like the Scorpion 185 pictured, except mine is 17' long. I'll do a little more exploring inside the boat, and behind the rear seat to see if the tank has any labeling.......one could assume it would be a 23 gallon like described in the ad.

Was there contact info with this ad? Perhaps the owner has the original manuals that could be copied......

Thanks for your help!

Dan-R......

danielarand

I looked in the online NADA Used Vehicle Guide, and there is a listing of models for the three years the boat was manufactured. Based on that, my Northstar could only be a 17' Monaco or a 17' SE......since they are the only 17' outboard Northstar models listed.