New Lund A-14 on the way!

The old Sea Nymph 14R is being retired and traded in for a new Lund A-14
witha 15 HP Mercury four stroke outboard,...no more two strokes,and no more mixing gas and oil,...thank God! The Lund has been ordered and should arrive in four weeks. Went back to Mercury for several reasons;
1. Dealer availability
2. Parts availability
3. Service
4. Value

Was going to select Tohatsu,but in my region of the USA,...very few of them are around,...about like Honda! Evinrude dealers are also becoming very few and far between,as well as parts for the old OMC motors. One
BRP/Evinrude dealer will only go back as far as 1986,...anything older than
that,he will not even touch! Being that the 2.5 HP to 30 HP Mercury four
strokes are Tohatsu made,I can expect top notch reliability out of Mercury
now! That was not the case about seven years ago when I had a 15 HP
two stroke Merc on another A-14 I had once before,...talk about cold natured hard to start motors! But I trust and feel that Mercury has gotten
their act together with these small four stroke motors!:thumb:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats SeaNymph!

I know you spent quite a bit of time contemplating your motor upgrade, so it's nice to hear you're treating yourself to a new boat!

Does your new Lund have a floor in it and casting decks or anything? :)

-Chris

john lamon

Congrats on the new Lund:bigthumb: I still have my 14' Lund that my dad got me when I was 7, he put the 25 yamaha in the shed for the first few years and put a 9.9 on it, that yamaha has sure been a good motor, I'd like to know how many hours I put on that thing over the years, Lately I only use it a few times a year just to keep it running, I gave the boat a fresh coat of paint last year. I would never sell it, in a few years my kids will be tearing up the lake with it:thumb: I'm looking for a smaller 4 stroke to put on it for them.

Attachments

• 09 pics 021.jpg
    09 pics 021.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 09 pics 045.jpg
    09 pics 045.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 3

JW

Super Moderator
Congrats!

I may buy and sell my speed boats, but I'll ALWAYS have a 14' aluminum boat with a 15 horse motor on the back!

Here's a picture of Alumacraft T-14V, back when I had the 15 Honda on it (now on the pontoon boat) and back when I had my second Checkmate, the Persuader:

dsc001001s0ob.jpg

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I'm with JW. :)

Our boating revolves around the cottage, so my first love has always been my old tin boats.

I've had numerous models and version of them over the years.

Here's my current rig, 14 Naden with a 2006 2 Stroke Merc 25. :thumb:

It runs in the low 30's with me just in it according to the GPS. :devil:

john lamon

Chris, my first love is also with my tin boat, when I was younger me and my buddies would set are motors with the pin on a higher setting to simulate trim and race each other, my dad clocked me at about 37 speedo beside his boat when I was 12, I've gained alot of weight since then but I still think it would do 30, I'm going to gps it this summer just to see.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Chris, my first love is also with my tin boat, when I was younger me and my buddies would set are motors with the pin on a higher setting to simulate trim and race each other, my dad clocked me at about 37 speedo beside his boat when I was 12, I've gained alot of weight since then but I still think it would do 30, I'm going to gps it this summer just to see.
Yeah, I play with the trim a bit sometimes too. :rof:

Just don't drop the rod overboard in deep water! Been there done that. A scuba mask is a must at the old cottage! :D

I'll have to GPS the old gal this summer some time. It can be a bit of a handful running wide open believe it or not. It surprisingly tends to get some decent lift and when it does, it starts pulling left and right, as the strakes on the bottom catch water.

It runs better, or at least more predictably, in rougher water like on the day those pics were taken. :devil:

If you've gained a little weight, just get a longer fuel line and throw the tank up near the bow, that should work. I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know though. :)

-Chris