Is this a Humber Jewel

hodgify

I picked this up from a local marina as a winter project, I thought it was a Jewel , but now I am not sure. All the Jewels that I see have modified V hulls , this one is a 3 pointer , it has a round nose and is 13 ft long. Can anybody help me identify make and year ? Trying to figure how to post picture need help with that to.
Thanks for any help

nathan

to post pictures upload to a site like photobucket. then copy the IMG link and paste into your reply. or copy the direct link and click on the yellow icon here and paste the link into the box that appears.

hodgify

Not a Humber Jewel

Got Email from John at Humber Boats , he told me it is not a jewel. I have seen some body from Grimsby found one in a field and he is trying to name it to. It must be a Company that built a few hulls then went out of business . If anyone has advice on where I could try to search that would be great.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Check and see if there is a hull identification number stamped into the transom.

Most manufacturers started stamping HIN's into the transom on the right side starting around the mid 70's.

If there is one, the first three digits should be letters - those letters corrospond to a specific manufacturer.

Let us know how you make out. :)

-Chris

hodgify

Hi Chris
Checked all around transom and could not find any numbers. Have tried to post pictures , but still working on Photo Bucket.
Hodgify

Sean

Did you get a registration from the marina?
There are no "ownership" papers in Ontario but, the registration information should bear the HIN.

hodgify

No there was no registration # on the boat and the Marina I bought it from as no info . He bought it from a marina up north and they told him it was a Jewel. Talked to Tim at the marina today and he told me about a marina around lake Simcoe I think he called it Dawsons , he thinks somebody there was trying to put a library together of all the boats that were made Ontario . I am just starting to looked into that.

hodgify

DSCF5132_zps3cf26747.jpg