Cooperider

I gather there are no plans to splash that one eh Coop? :p :D
This one would be a cool splash!

Lotus_sub.gif

Cooperider

How about Briklens?

Remember those?

Or how about Deloreans?
They are rebuilding a Briklen on "Chop Cut Rebuild" right now. I just learned this was a Canadian car last night.

And Deloreans, lets just say I want one, and I'll leave it at that. I'm pretty sure there is a Delorean site somewhere.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
There were quite a few Briklens around in the late 70's.

Most of the ones I saw were orange and I think they all had Ford engines if I remember. 351's I think. I should probably google that before I make myself look stupid. :D

Cooperider

The one on the show had a 351 in it, from what I saw they are going to save the motor.

Back in high school what I wanted to be when I got out was a car designer. I had tons of magazines and books on the stuff. In mechanical drawing class instead of designing a house, I started drawing a car. The instructor saw it and told me thats what I would be working on instead of a house like everyone else in the class. He had the idea of going out to Checkmate and getting some boat designs from them for me to work on, this is when we found out that they don't lay them out on paper, they sort of shape it as they go. So that killed that idea. At least until I got a job out there and saw how they were built, I was hooked.

Cars are real cool, but boats can be cooler. :thumb:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well at least boats don't rust. :D

I guess Vette's don't either if you can afford one. :lol:

There were quite a few Briklens around in the late 70's.

Most of the ones I saw were orange and I think they all had Ford engines if I remember. 351's I think. I should probably google that before I make myself look stupid. :D
My neighbor has a yellow and an orange Bricklin. Neat cars.:thumb:

Cooperider

Well at least boats don't rust. :D

I guess Vette's don't either if you can afford one. :lol:
Had two 'vettes, when I moved in with my future wife, ours was the only trailer with his and hers Corvettes. We became a "stereotype"(cheap house fancy car).

I don't think I'm going to do the 'vette thing again for a long time, unless I score one in a trade or something. That financing thing bites big time.

But I do have this strange urge for a cheap, beat-up mid '70's Camaro, with real good tires and a decent motor.