nathan

nice video! after this weekend I have this as my computer wallpaper

IMAG0307_zps7cc00a91.jpg
\

makes me ready for to go again.

nathan

the bad part is that we have water for now in Waco but if we do not get rain soon we may not by the end of the summer. my original lake (lake travis) is already 50 feet low already before the summer has even started. I wish we had some of the flood water from up north.

nathan

Rocky front :( below is the lowest ramp of three from the park we always used when we lived there. the water is now about two miles from the ramp. all that is there is that small stream of water. just about all the area in the picture should be under water.

here is the same area in 2009. when the lake is full this ramp is under water.

this is the same area in January 2011 when the lake came back some

here is the main ramp for when the lake is up from January 2011. there is a total of three ramps at this park but when the lake is full the other two are usually under water.

nathan

yes there is a huge dam. that is a result of our drought conditions that we have been in around here. it also does not help the big lake (Travis) that there is a constant level lake above (LBJ) and below (Austin). without a lot of rain she is going to drop even more than it is now. Right now there are no public boat ramps open on the lake. The only ones in the water are the marinas that built theirs really deep many years ago. some will let you launch for 20 to 30 dollars and some are only to members. this is why I am kind of happy to be on Waco lake now.

Sean

I can't imagine how P.O'd the people that own property there are ...
I mean, If I boughta cottage/house on a lake to go boating...I'd want to boat!

Look at all those docks sitting dry in the pictures. man....

nathan

yep and it is on the north side. I had a friend that had a new dock built and used it for two day before he had to get the boat off. then about two days later there was only a few inches of water under it then after a week it was on the ground.

here is an aerial video from march 14, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okop7rG1KhU

at 3:32 is the are that my pictures were taken at and is my normal place to put in at.

Sean

Okay, maybe free enterprise dictates that you should stake a claim on those "sometimes islands" and then sell the real estate!

Do they ever expect the water to rise to it's former level?

Two weeks ago I had to go to my friends cottage on Lake Muskoka (north of Toronto) to help him tie off his boats. they were in his boathouse, on lifts and just about floating. The level was 2' above the decks and 4' higher than last year. Worst flooding in recent memory. (last flood about 10 years ago only a foot or so ).

I thought that was a lot of water.... but what you are experiencing is missing a lot more water than that!

nathan

The only way the lake level will be back is with a huge amount of rain in the area and in the northern lakes. they almost need a flood to refill the lake.