Fountain Plans Changes With Baja

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a very interesting article about Fountain's recent acquisition of Baja Marine. It touches on a lot of different areas and hints about Fountain's plans going forward.

It doesn't sound like Fountain plan to drop a bunch of Baja lines, something I thought I had read before.

Have a read and tell me your take.

-Chris

http://www.boating-industry.com/output.cfm?ID=1642411

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Just think Coop, if you just had have been the early bird instead of late to the party....

Baja by Coop. :D

RNC

Just think Coop if you had 4 mil. laying around you could have been hauling Baja's instead. LOL

RNC

If I had 4 mil. My boat would not say Checkmate, Baja, or Fountain it would say Apache or Outerlimits

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
If I had 4 mil. My boat would not say Checkmate, Baja, or Fountain it would say Apache or Outerlimits
Word up brotha! I'd take an Apache in a heartbeat. :devil:

Would the Big Red tow beast be up to it though?

'Cause if the boat sounded that good, would the tow beast be up to sounding that good too? :D

With all the bad publicity and lawsuits that seem to follow the "Apach" name around,:shakehead: I'd stand clear of that name and leave it to Mark McManus. The last company that tried to use the Apache name spent millions on building a factory and producing molds (it was located in Delray Beach, FL) and never produced one boat:eyes:....they wound up suing McManus for the Apache name and lost after a 2 year long battle. It's a shame because the molds of their "new" 41 were incredible...had they spent their $$$ on producing boats instead of the lawsuit, they could have been a player in the custom high performance Offshore world.:( I think the only man alive that can truely bring "Apach" back to Cult like status is Ben Kramer....and he's spending the rest of his life in jail!:brickwall: I think I'd bring the name "Aronow" back to life instead!!!!:D...after all, it was Don that started it all!!!

RNC

My pull rig hits a pretty good lick now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCQWUoeOJ4o

But I would probally get a 40 + footer with tripps, with 4 mil. I would need a bigger pull rig. If I stumble on 4 mil I will donate my pull rig and boat to you Chris lol you just pay shipping.

Pics of my pull rig before complete Resto.

Attachments

• dodge_016.jpg
    dodge_016.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 0
  • dodge_019.jpg
    dodge_019.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Cooperider

So your saying you would take your 4 mil and spend it on something that will never make you a dime. Rather than something, that with the right work will make you back your 4 mil and then some.

RNC

So your saying you would take your 4 mil and spend it on something that will never make you a dime. Rather than something, that with the right work will make you back your 4 mil and then some.

Not sure who you are talking to coop but I will answer. I would invest/ bank 3 mil. and live on the intrest and take the rest and pay my bills and blow the crap out of whats left of the one mill which should be around 900,000. I belive with the intrest off the 3 mil it will give me enough gas and beer money. The way the economy is now I would not take a chance and invest in no biz. I think I would play it safe right now.

i found and watched his sucesses with boating races on you tube. i did not know he is in jail.
i did not found the story behind it why he is in jail .... (on google):confused:

anyone?

Ben Kramer (the founder of Apache) was convicted of drug running.:shakehead: His biggest concern with winning races was to make sure his drug running boats were faster than the FEDS, therefore he spent countless $$$ on improving the performance of his Apaches. He also bought the company USA Powerboats from Don Aronow (who started Cigarette:thumb: and sold Kramer the 41' Mold which became the first Apache) knowing that Don Aronow had a contract with the Federal Government to build drug running chase boats....Kramer's thinking was that he would build the USA Cats slower than the Apaches once he owned the company. When the Feds found out the guy they were hunting owned the company they were buying boats from, they cancelled their contract. Kramer demanded his money back from Don Aronow which obviously didn't happen. While in prison, Kramer directed a hit (kill) on Don Aronow and Aronow was murdered while leaving his office on the famous "Thunderboat Row".:shakehead: Kramer also attempted a dynamic helicopter prison break that failed after the helicopter he jumped into ran into overhead wires...he severly broke his legs in the crash.:yikes: He is currently in Federal Prison for life...dreaming of one day driving his famed Apaches again......

senator-holland

The way the economy is now I would not take a chance and invest in no biz. I think I would play it safe right now.

if i would live in the states yes. overhere is the economy going strong again.

the passed 3 years were not good.....

overhere in europe the coast of italy is famous for the illegal africans immigrants coming in into europe. they hope to reach england. take the fastboats from the north coast of africa to sicily in italy. was on the news this week. they said 3000 euro for 1 man. than take the 200 mile crossing over the sea.
the average of 1 boat is ten africans. thats 30.000,- euro a night.
the slow boats are always catched bij customs.

Last edited:
Cool story Jup. :)

Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

I'm sure the story will one day wind up as a movie on the big screen. The days of the original Ft Apache were right out of Miami Vice....Drugs, exotic cars, women, gold chains the size of anchor chains, etc. etc. There were alot of fast players, fast boats, big money.....The amazing thing is how many people that were once part of the "Apache" cult are still in the boat business today...Bob Sacente (throttleman for Ben Kramer) still materializes in S. Florida boating, Keith Eikert (Ben Kramer's engine builder) is still producing amazing offshore powerplants and hi-tech engine components, Mark McManus owns the Apache name and rebuilds/renovates many of the classic Apaches,.....