Can't find the name of a part on a 140 Suzuki

Rizdek

We have a ~2010 140 HP Suzuki and the arm where the hydraulic steering attaches to on the motor is rusting out quite badly. I want to find info on how to replace it but I can't find out what the part is called. Where do you go to find the names/identification of motor parts like this? I've searched for ~hour on line and come up with all kinds of schematics, but none show that part of the motor. The arm..for want of a better description is kind of flat and has a hole where the hydraulic steering is bolted to it. It runs in under the motor head and attaches to the motor shaft right where the motor pivots on the shaft. As I said, it is rusting and probably needs to be replaced within a year. I am not sure that is something that requires a lot of technical skill or not.

Fun Times

We have a ~2010 140 HP Suzuki and the arm where the hydraulic steering attaches to on the motor is rusting out quite badly. I want to find info on how to replace it but I can't find out what the part is called. Where do you go to find the names/identification of motor parts like this? I've searched for ~hour on line and come up with all kinds of schematics, but none show that part of the motor. The arm..for want of a better description is kind of flat and has a hole where the hydraulic steering is bolted to it. It runs in under the motor head and attaches to the motor shaft right where the motor pivots on the shaft. As I said, it is rusting and probably needs to be replaced within a year. I am not sure that is something that requires a lot of technical skill or not.
Hi there @Rizdek , welcome to endless boating forums.:)

Do you happen to know your engine's model number? Looks like there are 2 to choose from in the 2010 year model,
I believe you're looking for item number 7 in the following link...And if so then you're correct as there a few to choose from with different measurements of lengths and part numbers..., https://www.crowleymarine.com/sp/KMHKQ9G9BV/suzuki-swivel-bracket-df140z?mdl=ESOBO4LK

And though I haven't physically done the work I seem to recall on some engines that it's a pretty involved work load as a lot of parts need to come off in order to change out these types of parts...Hopefully I'm incorrect for you...But before buying a new part you may want to locate a new service manual for your engine model to read through to see what may be involved before committing.

Maybe try calling the company (Crowley Marine) linked above to see if they can either find a service manual part number and/or order one up for you.

Hope this helps somehow, good luck.

Just to be sure it's not this bar though correct? https://www.crowleymarine.com/sp/1PGQJQ270L/suzuki-drag-link-df140z?mdl=ESOBO4LK