and the story continues...

Sean

Well,

A new aftermarket trim pump for my Greavette is $300 (SEI). So, I called a long time friend to see if there were any late model "parts boats" where I might score an OEM used one of these for a wee bit less. (Even the used ones seem to be $300 as Merc wants double that for new)

With my luck, a contact of my buddy was just pulling apart a '96 Sea Ray and before we could get to details, he offered the entire gimble assembly, inner plate power steering ram, trim rams and trim pomp for the same $300! Sold.

So, I will swap the pump to see if there is anything wrong with my Greavette and I now have a drive to use for the Donzi... Yes, it's still for sale but, I really don't want to sell it so, I will keep the project moving (albeit, slowly). At least now I have something to pull apart and clean (and paint) over the winter.

I still have not picked up my drive (near Annapolis, MD) so if anyone is passing from there to western NY or Toronto and has some space..... :)

The modification of an Alpha upper case also continues. The case has been shorted 3.5" and is now welded up. The internals are currently being modified to fit the shortened case.

Gunna be a short winter...right?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Cool find Sean.

Hopefully spring will come early and you'll have everything ready to go by then! :)

-Chris

Sean

Thanks guys,
I'm in no rush... I just don't like idle hands. :)
This project will take some time to complete. Years possibly. There are things I've never done before and things I have not decided on. I have the Greavette to drive so, I want to take my time and ENJOY the build. Dream a little...

I found a really cool induction system today...... http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/sel...throttle-bodies-small-block-ford-289-302html/

It's only money, right? At this pace it would be several years!!!

Sean

In January (2014) I made a deal with a friend on the DONZI bullitin board for an Alpha drive & some parts he had no use for. The Idea was to take a nice drive to Maryland in the summer, maybe stop in at DC and do the Smithsonian for a few days.... Well, all holiday plans were scuttled and almost a year later the drive still sits in his basement.

So, since I now have a gimble assembly I thought I should make a greater effort to marry the pieces. But, being bulky, unboxed and possibly oily/dirty... shipping was a problem. I put the call out for those (on the DONZI BBs) travelling to possibly put this in their trunk if on their way to Western New York, where I could easily meet them. There was a great response on Donzi.org.

Several people offered transport to connecting destinations in an effort to bring the parts to Toronto. I'm happy to say that a generous soul (I have never met personally) has stepped up to make the delivery directly! I'm continually impressed with the great people I meet in the boating community.