1995 Checkmate Brochure

TEAMBAJA

Yesterday, a buddy of mine dropped off a 1995 Checkmate Brochure for no apparent reason. Talk about some interesting photos! Lots of local characters and a boat I have never seen or heard of, the DECKMATE! Have you ever seen this one?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Ah yes the Deckmate.

Just before DS took over, Mate were looking at building another performance deck boat. I remember JW was all excited about it!

I'll dig around and see if I've got some brochure pics of the Deckmate.

If I find some, I'll upload them to the gallery and post them here. :)

-Chris

TEAMBAJA

Thats currently one of my favorite brochures. Anything in there you really like, under 27ft?

My favorite thing in that brochure by far is Kips hair.

The worst thing is the sausage party going on in the Persuader 218.:D

I like the Persuader 219. I would eliminate the back rail, and shorten the front bow rail. Is there room under the swimplatform to eliminate the ladder from being on top?

SCT

"The worst thing is the sausage party going on in the Persuader 218."

Hey, that pastey fat white guy in the middle is a cool dude!:D

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the Deckmate page from the '95 brochure. :)

If you click on it, there's a slightly larger version in the gallery.

-Chris

TEAMBAJA

Chris, Ive had a question Ive been meaning to ask you for a long time, so I'll ask here on my own thread.

How did you become so involved in the Checkmate site being so far away? Seems like you always the news first.

:thumb:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Chris, Ive had a question Ive been meaning to ask you for a long time, so I'll ask here on my own thread.

How did you become so involved in the Checkmate site being so far away? Seems like you always the news first.

:thumb:
I'm afraid the full answer to that question, would be a really long post. :)

The short answer is that it was really just a fluke of sorts.

Basically, before I started the Checkmate site, I had been involved with some other message boards in varying roles. So I was fairly familiar with how to set them up and administrate them. At the time I set up the Check site, which was back in 2002, message boards were actually still a fairly new technology and they certainly weren't what they are today in terms of ease of use, or user features.

So basically, the simple answer is, I liked Checkmates, there wasn't a dedicated message board for them, so one afternoon sitting at my cottage kitchen table when it was pouring rain outside, I just started one.

It was really that simple. :)

I've had a few people ask me about the history of the forums over the years, so I put together this little bio/background on it, which is posted in the Checkmate Wiki.

Here's a link if you care to read more. :)

http://checkmate-boats.com/wiki/index.php/Community_Forums_Background_&_History

-Chris

Cooperider

My favorite thing in that brochure by far is Kips hair.

The worst thing is the sausage party going on in the Persuader 218.:D

I like the Persuader 219. I would eliminate the back rail, and shorten the front bow rail. Is there room under the swimplatform to eliminate the ladder from being on top?
That back rail is terrible. Should be room under the platform for a ladder.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I uploaded the entire '95 brochure to the gallery.

It's under Checkmate Brochures. Click on that link and it takes you into another section which has the '95 brochure along with a few Checkmate brochures I uploaded as well. :)

-Chris

TEAMBAJA

I uploaded the entire '95 brochure to the gallery.

It's under Checkmate Brochures. Click on that link and it takes you into another section which has the '95 brochure along with a few Checkmate brochures I uploaded as well. :)

-Chris

Cool!

Thanks for info on the last page! Good stuff, been meaning to ask for awhile! :thumb:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
You're welcome and thanks...

...I'm glad you enjoyed the little background on the Check forums. :)

-Chris

TEAMBAJA

Ok, I'll hi-jack my own thread one more time to celebrate my
69th
post on Endless Boating!​

I hope now I can be promoted to "Bilge Rat"!​

:D

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
We actually need some rank names. :)

We've never set any up. :yell:

That would make a good thread and Bilge Rat would be a good level. :thumb:

-Chris

TEAMBAJA

We actually need some rank names. :)

We've never set any up. :yell:

That would make a good thread and Bilge Rat would be a good level. :thumb:

-Chris

Make it happen! Im fine with Bilge Rat, you can make Coops title ""Cabin Boy". :D Your probably stuck with "Captain".

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Make it happen! Im fine with Bilge Rat, you can make Coops title ""Cabin Boy". :D Your probably stuck with "Captain".
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of ranks like we have on the Check forums. ;)

Those being that they change as your post count goes up.

I was suggesting "Bilge Rat" would be a good name for one of the levels. :)

-Chris