Front Page Picture Nominations!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Guys,

I was thinking of changing up the front entrance pic. Poor Chris E.'s kid is probably in college by now! :D

So here's your big chance to have your boat grace the front page of the site for a bit. If you would like to nominate a pic please post it in this thread and we'll see if we can find a worthy replacement. :)

-Chris

:needpics:

Will Switzer

I guess Ill get this started and post one up .....

Picture317.jpg

john lamon

I'll give it a shot, this guy is gonna cost me a lot of money when gets older, I guess I deserve it for what I put my Dad through in my teen years, I still owe him a transom that I tore out and a couple of motors that I blew up.:bigthumb:

38966_413715322059_593712059_5203503_8023666_n.jpg

I can't post a pic of only one kid or the other would get jealous, she'll be easy to raise, clothes are cheaper than motors.:bigthumb:

185778_10150096030722060_593712059_6765868_540559_n.jpg

Or how bout the pic of me that yellowfiero88 photoshopped and posted on my facebook profile the day I had my vasectomy, I think we have a winner:rof:

76909_455020017059_593712059_6007702_3849199_n.jpg

Last edited:

Will Switzer

It was the first time that 3 of them had ever been up to the lake and they just loved every minute of it . They had the perfect weekend for it too was in the mid 90's that weekend and water was in the low 80's . The lake temp was just awesome this past summer . I spent alot of time in the water myself .

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Great pics guys! Keep 'em coming!

Will, the way the flake is done on your boat, reminds me a lot of a friends boat that they had back in the late 70's early 80's.

Their 70's Trimate also had a red and black flake fade similar to yours as well. What theirs did, was inside the boat, the flake was almost solid black with just the odd bit of red. Then on the hull itself (bottom and gunwhales) it was almost solid red with just the odd bit of black flake. Between the inside and the outside, it gradually faded from solid black to solid red.

The inside had white seats and black carpet.

That was one of the nicest Checkmates I've ever seen and yours is one of the first I've seen since with the red/black metalflake fade somewhat similar to theirs. :)

-Chris

Will Switzer

Thats exactly how mone is chris . My dash is black with little red flake in it . Still looks good for bejng a 1976 . It does need a good wheel out thoa spring I am going to get it saturday and do a few things to it . I have some other pictures too of my dads trimate he bought new from sammie at action marine in 1977 ill post those up when i get home from work

Chris E

Hey Guys,

I was thinking of changing up the front entrance pic. Poor Chris E.'s kid is probably in college by now! :D

So here's your big chance to have your boat grace the front page of the site for a bit. If you would like to nominate a pic please post it in this thread and we'll see if we can find a worthy replacement. :)

-Chris

:needpics:

actually, dan just finished grad school - lol!

i might have to see what i have kicking around with the other kids in it.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
actually, dan just finished grad school - lol!

i might have to see what i have kicking around with the other kids in it.
Well it's an awesome pic! You should enter that one in the Cottage Life picture contest they have each year.

If you've got some more good ones, post 'em up and we'll refresh the entrance page a little. :)

-Chris

john lamon

seeing as we aren't getting much action on this I'll toss up a few more, you got any more Will, lol

38966_413715317059_593712059_5203502_4739782_n.jpg

gotta start them early:)

198982_10150106426227060_593712059_6857287_7960568_n.jpg

I think this is my favorite pic from last year, it was a beautiful fall day.

36075_431767107059_593712059_5635257_3481513_n.jpg

come on guy's lets see some more pics:thumb:

Will Switzer

Ok you twisted my arm John lol

Picture081.jpg

My freinds son . First time behind the wheel of a boat and it just happened to be a Checkmate

l_d7690326fe5bf1fecb3a774b05db4d33.jpg

Waiting on every one to get on the pontoon

35069_1397002039068_1052743576_2565314_6721803_n.jpg

Dad taking the crew out tubing. I choose to stay on the dock lol.

Picture330.jpg

john lamon

Man your lake looks nice Will, lots of tree cover to keeps the waves down, half the time it's to windy to go out on my lake.

Will Switzer

Man your lake looks nice Will, lots of tree cover to keeps the waves down, half the time it's to windy to go out on my lake.

It gets bad out sometimes . If there is alot of boats out it gets real wavey. But its only 115 acers so its not super huge but perfect to ski and tube . We are in the heart of the Huron National Forest so we have lots of trees lol

john lamon

It gets bad out sometimes . If there is alot of boats out it gets real wavey. But its only 115 acers so its not super huge but perfect to ski and tube . We are in the heart of the Huron National Forest so we have lots of trees lol

I wish we just had boat waves to deal with, not sure how many acers it is but its BIG, I think about 7 x 9 miles, here is a pic from saturday of May long weekend last year, not much boating going on that day, we get good 4-5 ft waves out in the middle on a day like this.

29996_393388797059_593712059_4644663_824699_n.jpg

Will Switzer

We dont get waves that big on Vaughn lake lol . For the most part ours stays just like it is in the pictures just a little ripple .

Here it is in the evening out cruisin on the pontoon

Picture246.jpg

Cooperider

Great pics guys! Keep 'em coming!

Will, the way the flake is done on your boat, reminds me a lot of a friends boat that they had back in the late 70's early 80's.

Their 70's Trimate also had a red and black flake fade similar to yours as well. What theirs did, was inside the boat, the flake was almost solid black with just the odd bit of red. Then on the hull itself (bottom and gunwhales) it was almost solid red with just the odd bit of black flake. Between the inside and the outside, it gradually faded from solid black to solid red.

The inside had white seats and black carpet.

That was one of the nicest Checkmates I've ever seen and yours is one of the first I've seen since with the red/black metalflake fade somewhat similar to theirs. :)

-Chris
The classic Sunburst pattern. They should bring that back.