you don't see this everyday

RNC

I might not be seeing things right but wouldn't it make more sense to pull it up on the beach before u ripped it apart

Chris E

my only thought was that is was so stuck in the sand that they couldn't free it. that is a million dollar boat, so for the insurance company to authorize that, it must've been way more expensive to try and free it. that is assuming that the insurance company was paying for it. maybe, it was the local governement who said - "move that boat - we don't care how" either way - what a shame!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I find it hard to believe there was no other way then that to remove that boat.

We can put a man on the moon but not free up a million dollar yacht from a beach. :yell: :eek:

-Chris

204 Escape

IMHO, that was a waste of what appeared to be a very nice boat !!!!!!!

I would have taken it, if given to me, and I bet I could have gotten it out of there in one piece.

204 Escape

Well, may be wrong, but there are :

Cranes
Slings
Air bags
Poweful boats to "pull" that boat off of the sand

For a $1,000,000.00 boat, I bet it can be done !!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well, may be wrong, but there are :

Cranes
Slings
Air bags
Poweful boats to "pull" that boat off of the sand

For a $1,000,000.00 boat, I bet it can be done !!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I don't know what the deal was. Maybe the hull was already so damaged that it didn't matter. But you would have thought they could have somehow dug around it, then lifted it with a crane and put it on to a trailer. Or at least something other than what they did! :D

-Chris

TEAMBAJA

I wish we could find out the real story behind this. Even if the hull was damaged beyond repair, why didnt they at least part that boat out better?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I don't get this one at all.

I've seen this story in a few places as well.

Whatever happened it's a real shame for sure. :shakehead:

-Chris

FlipFlopFly

Unbelievable! A hole could have been dug around the boat and it could have been lifted with floats and then put on a flat bed and moved.