When is it time to pack it in?

Wet-Willy

The reason I ask is that even though winter is almost upon us up here I still find myself unable to put Winder into storage mode.I keep watching for nice weather to peek out of the gloom for one more boat ride.(This sunday is looking good sofar)

So I want t know.For those of us who get a cold season,what signs do you look for to tell when it's time to pack it in?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The reason I ask is that even though winter is almost upon us up here I still find myself unable to put Winder into storage mode.I keep watching for nice weather to peek out of the gloom for one more boat ride.(This sunday is looking good sofar)

So I want t know.For those of us who get a cold season,what signs do you look for to tell when it's time to pack it in?
When I can walk on the lake! :yell: :rof:

-Chris

Dale

I packed in this week. We live in the high desert of So California and we get a real winter here. Freezing, snow etc. Nothing like you're used to though, but enough that people ruin their motors here every winter. Of course the whole time I was prepping it it was 85 degrees and I was doing it in shorts.

I probably could have used it another month or so, but the damn water gets so cold it's no fun playing in the water anymore. I had it winterized on Friday, brought it home and prepped it. Put the cover on it and put in storage today. This is the first time in my life I've had to winterize a boat and store it for the winter. It really bites not having it to play with on those great days.

I ordered the book "Piloting and Seamanship" to keep me warm during the winter. 900 pages or reading, so it should keep me busy for a while.

I need to move down below. 60 miles to the south people don't worry about such things. I hope the weather breaks for you and you get to go out on Sunday WW.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
That would not stop the Captain :cheers:
LOL! :D

Ain't that the truth brotha!

I can tell you that snow and ice isn't a "smilemaker" for me. :eek:

Perhaps the Captain will drop in and give us some advice "Captain" style. :thumb:

-Chris

dave

if you have to cut a cannel to the boat trailer with a chainsaw it is time to put it away for the winter.