Vivian Industries Files Chapter 7

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an update...

VIP is reopening and back in business again. :)

Caddco Manufacturing L.L.C. has purchased some of the former assets and plans to rehire 40 employees of the former company.

There are a few articles floating around about this, here is one link that has a pretty good article. :)

http://arklatexhomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=41661

-Chris

Cooperider

More than 40 new jobs are up for grabs in Vivian, Louisiana. Caddo Manufacturing, L.L.C. is opening the V.I.P. Boat Plant for business again. "When you think about Vivian, It is V.I.P.," said Tammy Harris. Last February, when V.I.P. closed its doors, nearly 50 employees were without work. "It kept everything together. When people lost their jobs, lots of business lost business because people at V.I.P. spent a lot of money," said Jesse Norman. The plant closed after 40 years. It put food on the table of hundreds of families. "My mother has worked in upholstery before, my husband has been in lamination-tooling for years here. It is going to mean a lot for the families of this town," said Harris. Harris will be working for Caddo Manufacturing, L.L.C. "It went to the bankruptcy court, we came in and purchased the assets that we needed as a corporation to begin building boats,' said Billy Breed, Caddo Manufacturing National Sales Manager. 40 people are being hired to start production again. Dozens showed up to apply tuesday. Jesse Norman worked at V.I.P. for 20 years. He was quick to put in his application. "It was exciting, I was ready to go back, getting lazy." Right now, a few employees are helping clean up the old plant by getting rid of trash that has been sitting for decades. "We have to start fresh, we have to show the people that it is a change," said Breed. With new owners in place, Vivian is once again back in the boat business. "We are the home of V.I.P. Deckliner and Baystealth boats, we are going to continue a tradition that was started by the Parkers 40 years ago." Officials hope to start boat production with in the next two weeks. They plan on producing at least one boat a day.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
It's very good news. :)

It's nice to post a good news story for a change. :thumb:

Hopefully there will be lots of good news stories before too long. :)

-Chris