Vintage Feathercraft

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Big Red (RNC) submitted a few pics to the gallery of his friend's vintage Feathercraft with a 1950's 'Rude out back.

Very kewl rig!

Thanks for sharing Big Red. :thumb:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Cool. :)

Red, what's the story on the Invader pics that you loaded up?

It almost looks like the early 70's Checkmate Playmate. :thumb:

RNC

The same guy that fixed up the Feathercraft restored the invader it is a 1967 It is the first I have seen of this breed. The pick below is a boat he is working on now. He calls it a old race boat tunnel. I will try to find out what make it is

Attachments

• rum_009.jpg
    rum_009.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 7

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Cool. :thumb:

The old Feathercrafts have always reminded a bit of the old Airstream travel trailers.

The mini-hydro looks like fun. :)

yolanda

Official EB Photographer!
I have one simple question....is it a quieter ride than a standard aluminum boat and does it have a smoother ride? It looks really neat and I am sure you must have to polish it a lot to keep it that shiny.

RNC

The ride is better than a flat bottom it cuts the water pretty good for a old boat. Still has some water noise

yolanda

Thanks for the info....

When on the water, I love the silence. Other than the Check making noise I find the aluminum to be noisy and if the water noise is much less, then chris and I may be having a discussion on a new addition to our family of boats.

The other thing that is appealing about your boat is that the ride is better....even more reason to have one.

yolanda

Well, it's here once again ....let the cottage season begin. The first visit tomorrow April 19, 2008 at the cottage and I have a combination of butterflies and excitement all at once.

Has anyone started going to the cottage and if so how was it? Is the ice out? Cottage in good condition, how much mouse poop was there? and if you have a dog how mental did it go?

Well, I will be taking lots of pictures and I am sure they will be posted by the first possible moment.

Yippee.....