SeaFire speed boat

JCRAFT

Has anybody ever had or know anything about SeaFire boats? I aquired an 11' little speed boat last fall and was wondering how it will perform with a 25hp Johnyrude.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds kewl.

Never heard of one myself.

Do you have any pics of it?

I'm sure Coop would like to see it too. :)

friel

seafire

I have recently bought an 11' seafire speed boat, it came with a 55hp engine which i think may be too pwerful! they dont seem to be very popular.. as ive been looking for some ideas for its restoration and could not find many pictures!! have you tried a 25hp engine on yours?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I have recently bought an 11' seafire speed boat, it came with a 55hp engine which i think may be too pwerful! they dont seem to be very popular.. as ive been looking for some ideas for its restoration and could not find many pictures!! have you tried a 25hp engine on yours?
Welcome to the forums friel.

It sounds like it would go being 11' long and having a 55 on it! :devil:

-Chris

you seen those little rigs made of wood that 2 fools ride on theyre knees at the ? i might as well shut up, cause i am scared of them.

we go to races that are old school but they look like baby hydros with 2 cylinder little motors. thats what my motor man was into before he go the grinding machine. my friend told me today that he had never heard a motor that sounded like mine. little does he know, hes going hear 2 when the wind blows

aint heard about it, but we got a little boat just like a tunnel thats 15' and it has a 3" jackplate, and its in einsteins backyard, and he only builds 200s. im scared death he might want me drive it, especially if he puts a 75 on it, hahaha

its late, im tired, but aint no fool. us folks love what your saying, and have already been there. ill bet anything $ that einstein has the first mercury motor ever made. he wont even tell me what hes putting on my boat. i wanted a 200 and got a 75. its only embarassing pulling it to the creek. god bless ya

what was it, 1934-40, but all i know is i keep climate control and de humidification going for whatever he wont show me or anybody, in his shop, but wait till you see the headers coming off the side of a straight 6. bring ear plugs

aint no doubt you folks think im a fool, and im beginning to think so too, but ive been possessed by a mercury madman, and its darn near caused me to cry with a smile

Anton2881

seafire

i know about the seafire boats they were a great speed boat i also have one but i dont have have a motor on mine if you would like to see pics or have pics of yours please let me know if you dont mind me asking how much did you buy yours for? I am thinking hard about selling mine.

thank you
anton

heres my message to all. ive not received one cent of a stimulus dollar, and i dont need it where i come from. im overwhelmed with work to the point i dont want no more. im lucky to be a fool. obama gets a free ride and all the crab cakes he can eat, but he gets a ride back, when he does something for the ches bay watermen who feed me unlimited crabmeat, and save the bay foundation, im saving back seats in my smilemakers, get in. aint going bankrump over a smile

sorry about that, my cup ran over my mouth, but my dedication and devotion to making sure my smilemaking speed boats wont ever be beat, assures me that lifting the powerhead off of my 75 last wknd after blowing it up, and hearing einstein saying its ready tomorrow, makes the bad week ive had, hope for a bad weekend of worst smallcraft advisory ive ever had. how many people you know, can take a flight for 2 minutes, and feel like they been out all day?

hello endless boating and thanks for ending this winter. i got swamped in my bull sht i talk. but i dont talk sh when it comes to my pleasure, family and fun. just cause my wife and my motor builder wont get in my boat shouldnt make you puss out. get in, i promise, ill go slow...

im picking up 10 lbs fresh picked crabmeat, and my friend wont know it. they should pitch in on feul. i dont play around, i smile

Tom

Has anybody ever had or know anything about SeaFire boats? I aquired an 11' little speed boat last fall and was wondering how it will perform with a 25hp Johnyrude.
Sea Fire Boats were made in Duluth Ga. byFuture Marine Systems. In 1986 they made " The Sea Fire Reality", a 29ft,aluminum hull, with a 85hp out board mounted inboard. The motor was mounted 8ft. in from an upswept bow, and would run at 40mph. It would turn in its own length, even when traveling at hi speed.
Your 11ft speed boat may be over powered with the 25 hp motor.Future Marine Systems were always concerned about fuel efficiency and wasted power. I hope this helped you. Tom

Tom

I have pictures of "The Sea Fire Reality 29" copied from the June 1986 Skin Diver Magazine. I will give you the information I have, and maybe you can locate someone with more information.
SEA FIRE-The Boat
Future Marine Systems, Inc.
P.O. Box 956069 Duluth, Georgia 30136 [404] 925-1755 [800] 241-5643
The above information is from 1986. Good Luck. Tom