Screwed up bad

arcop223

This week end I took my 23” Sea Fox out. It’s powered by a 150 Mercury SW. a LARGE wade of grass from the harbor got caught up around the foot. Long story short, my motor over heated, melted the piston in No. 1 hole. The motor did have a alarm, witch I ignored. I have a bad sensor on the secondary oil cap that always goes off.

So, is it possible to re-sleeve this thing, or will I have to put on a new power head. Also, were can a get a good service manual on this motor.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard. :)

Sorry to hear about the motor trouble - hopefully you'll be back floating soon. :thumb:

-Chris

arcop223

Welcome aboard. :)

Sorry to hear about the motor trouble - hopefully you'll be back floating soon. :thumb:

-Chris

Kind of funny to get a message from you. I was on the Saint Lawrence Sea Way when it happened.

Last edited:

Fun Times

Ser# OT922811

Model# 150XL SWB

year 2004
Engine serial number: 0T922811 Model Number: 1150462CY, 2004 MERCURY CARBURETED SALTWATER 150 XL SW.

The service manual part number that you will want to order from a mercury marine dealer is going to be 90-878079R01, and it covers engines, 135/150/175/200 HP's. MSRP of $99.95. I know it seems like a lot of money, But IMO it's worth having a factory service manual for what your going to be needing to do to your engine.;)

Also here's a link to your engine parts, Using your engine serial number.
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/selectDocs.asp?doc_nbr=803170+00

Hope this helps for a starting point, Good luck with it.:welcome:

arcop223

After a little research, it seems I might be able to buy a used engine cheaper than I can fix this one. I should have a lot of parts to sale if I do junk this engine to off set some loss.