Putting my boat search on hold

nathan

Well I have decided to put my personal boat ownership on hold. I will still boat and help on my Parent's pontoon (which is finally done) but will not look for a boat for me for a while. The reason for this decision is that I was given an opportunity to return to my first love Dirt track Racing. I have been given the opportunity to be the crew chef for a long time friend on his IMCA stock car. I am excited because I get to wrench on a race car again and not have to spend any of my own money
icon_e_biggrin.gif
. I will still be around and will still be on the lakes from time to time just extremely excited about this new opportunity. I may even get to hot lap the car from time to time and fill in if he is not felling well.
icon_cool.gif

Sean

Well, if that's what you want... good for you! Enjoy.

I was a road racer for 15 years and a and Firehawk Crew Chief prior to that. I spent all those summers at Mosport Park, Shannonville MSP, Watkins Glen, Mt. Tremblant and Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal amongst other smaller tracks. I also came within a stones throw from a drive at Sebring 12 hour and Daytona 24 hour races. At the time I felt it was the most fun I could have with my clothes on. (actually in a 3 layer nomex suit). In retrospect I still had fun but, I missed all those summers that I could have been at the lake/cottage country in my prime. YOLO!