Polar Kraft No HIN

npoole

I have recently purchased a 1976 16 ft polar kraft. I have a title for the boat out of Florida with the identification number of 1185, which can be found on a plate inside the boat on the starboard side which also contains the model cf-1651. There is no HIN on the transom nor was there ever because there were never any rivet holes where it could have been. It was registered in the state of Florida but there was a HIN on the title only that four digit “Identification Number”. Any help as to how to register this boat would be appreciated.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I have recently purchased a 1976 16 ft polar kraft. I have a title for the boat out of Florida with the identification number of 1185, which can be found on a plate inside the boat on the starboard side which also contains the model cf-1651. There is no HIN on the transom nor was there ever because there were never any rivet holes where it could have been. It was registered in the state of Florida but there was a HIN on the title only that four digit “Identification Number”. Any help as to how to register this boat would be appreciated.
Did you check and see the HIN is physically stamped into the fiberglass?

It would usually be stamped into the right hand side of the transom right below the rub rail.

-Chris

npoole

Did you check and see the HIN is physically stamped into the fiberglass?

It would usually be stamped into the right hand side of the transom right below the rub rail.

-Chris
Thanks for the reply, It is a aluminum boat, and I’ve combed over ever inch and can’t seem to find anything else

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
On my aluminum boat there is a small metal tag attached to the right hand side of the transom on the back. The standardized tags started in 1972 in the U.S. So I would guess either your boat is older than '72 or the tag is missing.