New to this sight

woodenboatpa

Hello everyone and good day I am new to this sight because I just realized they have a vintage forum page. now a little about me..
I run a small boat restoration shop were I spend most of my time with wooden boats I also like making a neglected fiberglass boat look like new again to me its the expresion on the costomers face when they see there refinished boat that counts and if i didnt need money to eat i would not charge for the work i do because its more like fun to me than work at times here is a link to my website were you can see some of our projects as they unfold have fun hope to meet some new people here that enjoy boats as much as i do

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale

Welcome aboard woodenboatpa.

I love the look and feel of wood. It sounds like you're in the right business. Dig your passion. Anytime we can make a living doing what we love we're miles ahead of the rest of the world.

woodenboatpa

Nice to meet you dale and you are right on i may never get rich but i sure do enjoy what i do and that makes it better than any job in the world

yolanda

Official EB Photographer!
:welcome:Welcome aboard Woodenboatpa!

I know what you mean when you say that if you didn't need to eat or pay for things then you wouldn't charge...the love of doing something makes you feel guilty for charging. But the way I look at it is that if you feel guilty charging for the work, the person who gets the great service sometimes feels guilty that they should be paying more for what they receive in return.

Keep the love and the oldies alive.:thumb:

old johnson

Do you have any before and after photos of your work? I recently decided to restore old johnson outboards and have another one coming this week. Old made new is an accomplishment. Rick