New Fountain Interior From Bucyrus, Ohio

TEAMBAJA

Hey Chris, havent posted here in awhile.

Here's some pics of a recent 35 Fountain interior by XT-Innovations, all former employees of Baja. They've done some cool Golf Carts and other misc projects, but they are staying busy.
Tim4.jpg

TEAMBAJA

Here's another project I was busy with. Always joked about building a Coors Light cart, well, here it is! XT-Innvations did the seats for me!

DSC02942Medium-1.jpg

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey TB - nice to see you around and posting. :thumb:

That thing is really cool - how much customizing did you do to it? :)

-Chris

TEAMBAJA

Hey TB - nice to see you around and posting. :thumb:

That thing is really cool - how must customizing did you do to it? :)

-Chris
Hey Chris, hows winter treating you up north? So far we have had only one good snow, and 99% of it is gone with these warmer days. I saw a high of 40 yesterday, t-shirt weather!

There was alot more customizing than I planned on. I bought a bunch of after market parts out of California expecting them to just "bolt right up". I got a smoking deal on parts, but we had alot of work to do to make them fit. I had a set of Polk Momo speakers with tweeters and crossovers that I bought new a few years ago, so we used that stuff. We added a big Clarion amp, and I bought a new Clarion CMS1 which is one of the units with a blackbox.

gear_n_gadgets_9.jpg

We hid the blackbox and all the wiring under the nose of the cart. I bought a dashboard panel that has glovebox doors, so I mounted the crossovers inside there on top, kind of hidden. We did some modifying to the dash to make the head unit flush. Then the big task, speaker mounts. Adam, who has his shop in the back at Checkmate just happens to be the man when it comes to working with metal. He cut some bada$$ mounts and I polished them. I'll have to get some pictures. If you notice in the picture, the tweeters are in the roof with all the wiring hidden.

Ok this is getting too long, basically we had some late nights getting this thing finished up for a show that week. I ended up winning best of show for the event!:D

TEAMBAJA

Here's one they built for my dad with an Ohio State theme.

Sorry, just bored today! Its funny, but these guys are as serious about their carts as we are about boats! I just thought it was a fun way to pass the time in the winter!

DSC02951Medium.jpg

TEAMBAJA

And of course they had to do a Michigan cart! :sick:

Notice the roof covers they came up with for the OSU/Michigan carts?

DSC02950Medium.jpg

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
TB, those things are awesome! :devil:

On the way up to our cottage, there is a guy who sells carts and he has some really neat ones. He's got ones that look like '57 Chevs, 4X4's and all kinds of other crazy custom models. But man-o-man are they pricey! I couldn't believe how expensive some of them were! I saw the price and it was dream over! Ha ha!

Weather up here has been rather kind. Today it rained and tomorrow it's supposed to be close to 8C or around 50 F or so. There hasn't been much snow and I suspect whatever is left will dissipate tomorrow. Hopefully it will stay that way and cottate season will start early!

Feel free to grab some more pics of whatever the guys are working on in the back of the Check factory and post 'em up. I always like watching build-ups, as it's fun to see things come together. :)

-Chris

TEAMBAJA

Feel free to grab some more pics of whatever the guys are working on in the back of the Check factory and post 'em up. I always like watching build-ups, as it's fun to see things come together. :)

-Chris

I was going to see about getting permission to take some progress pics of boats coming down the line at Checkmate to post on the Checkmate Forums, but unfortunately one person always has to find negativity in everything I post. Some sweet boats rolling out of there right now.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to see about getting permission to take some progress pics of boats coming down the line at Checkmate to post on the Checkmate Forums, but unfortunately one person always has to find negativity in everything I post. Some sweet boats rolling out of there right now.
What models are they?

Checkmate used to send me pics all the time for the gallery and the forums, but that's pretty well stopped since Bill sold the company. I'm not sure why really...

-Chris

TEAMBAJA

I'll have to look next time I walk through. Last week there were at least 8 new boats built or being built back there, plus a 36 Pantera thats being built there. There were a couple of sweet little 16's that looked complete. Im almost tempted to order one of those! I keep trying to get away from these little boats and back into something more Lake Erie friendly. :surf:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the 1600's are cool boats. Not too many manufacturers are building anything performance minded in that size anymore. It's too bad really.

The Tuff 16 is another really awesome small boat. :)

-Chris