New Forum Member With Old Boat

Kern Fischer

Hello All,

I just found this forum and decided to join the fun.

I am an automotive engineer involved in entrepreneurial activities and am located near Chicago.

I have a 1963 Glastron V143 JetFlite boat that I bought when it was new. I had not used it for some time, tried to sell it without success, then decided to do a complete restoration with changes/updates based on previous usage. A picture of this boat is shown on: www.classicglastron.com on the Values, Rarity, and Collectibility page. I have also posted a storyline of my restoration under the Glastron Project section of the forums.

I have more time now to use the boat and am looking forward to having it back on the water.

I am also seeking any other owners or anyone who has any knowledge of the location of other 1961-63 JetFlites. The production was evidently limited and I do not think many survive. Let me know if you know of any.

Kern Fischer

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard, it's nice to have you with us. :)

Post up some pics of your vintage Glastron if you get a chance - I'd love to see some pics here. :thumb:

-Chris

nathan

welcome and yes do post some pictures I love the old glastrons congrats on the resto. I had an older glastron but sold it a while back.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
My Grandparents had a nice mid 70's Glastron.

I can't remember the model name, but it was around 17-18 foot and ran really nice. :)

-Chris

Kern Fischer

Thank you for the welcome.

I tried posting pictures to this message but was unsuccessful. The insertion window asks for a url of the picture and my files do not show that address when I call them up. On other sites I merely click on the photo and it gets inserted.

Perhaps someone can assist me in the necessary procedure.

Kern

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the welcome.

I tried posting pictures to this message but was unsuccessful. The insertion window asks for a url of the picture and my files do not show that address when I call them up. On other sites I merely click on the photo and it gets inserted.

Perhaps someone can assist me in the necessary procedure.

Kern
Try this picture posting instruction thread. :)

http://forums.endlessboating.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68

-Chris

Kern Fischer

Chris,
Thank you for the instructions for posting photos. I did the Photo Bucket uploads and then tried to direct link to this site and must be missing something as nothing loads.

If someone wants to see pics of the boat, for now, refer to the postings at classicglastron.com.

Kern

Sean

I always liked the Glastrons...

...partially because they were "a CONROY company" (my last name but, no relation dammit!) also because they jump so cool in the movies and James Bond drove them!

Tablerocker

Welcome to the forum.

That JetFlite is a cool looking boat. Glastron built some cool boats.

A friend of mine had a 19' CSS (Carlson Signature Series) that he put a 383 stroker rated at 425 hp, with a 200 hp shot of nitrous to boot.
That boat would run 90 mph, but VERY scary to be in it...

I hope you can find a way to post some pictures. If you want to send them to me, I'll post them for you.