MUSKOKA, a boating paradise!

Sean

A cottage district for generations located in clear Canadian spring fed system just 1.5 hours north of Toronto! This area was first popularized by vacationing Americans and became the premiere area in Canada for classic wood boat builders.

The lakes (Muskoka, Rosseau and Joseph) are all calm and deep. There are many inlets, bays and miles of boating. Several great towns are accesable by water like,Gravenhurst, Bracebridge, Port Carling, Bala to name a few.

Plenty to do on the water with regular (weekly) waterski shows, a boat museum, take a ride/have dinner on the historic steamship Segwun and the ACBS boat show first weekend in July!

BTW: This year the Boat show is featuring the largest gathering of Antique race boats ever!!! including Miss Supertest III Miss Canasa III and Miss Canada IV.... a show not to be missed!
http://www.acbs.ca/

I highly reccomentd a trip to this area at least once in your life...you will NOT be dissapointed.

john lamon

Sean I just got home from that area a few hours ago, I flew to Toronto to pick up a motorhome and drove it back, first time in Ontario and I wish I could have stayed longer, I basically just drove straight through to Saskatoon just stopping for fuel and a few sleeps, gets pretty rugged for a while there, seen some beautiful country though, I plan to make it back someday to spend some time there, while our lakes are still frozen I see the boating season is in full swing there already, just took a few pics.

If you look close you can see a black bear here

This was at Muskoka I think, it was only around 1.5 out of Toronto, EDIT: nope, I checked my receipts and it was a place called Lick's Homeburger in Parry Sound, guess it was a little further, great burger.

And 3:30 am last night, lol, luckily I was in civilization when I lost all the coolant the second time of the trip, didn't go so smooth but it was still a great drive.

Last edited:

Sean

Yep, there's been some flooding in Muskoka this spring.... but I hear the water level will be normal by this weekend!

I could have driven your motorhome to Saskatchewan for you!!!!
At least done slip-seat... :)

john lamon

Yep, there's been some flooding in Muskoka this spring.... but I hear the water level will be normal by this weekend!

I could have driven your motorhome to Saskatchewan for you!!!!
At least done slip-seat... :)

Yeah it looked pretty high in a few places, not my motorhome, I just transported it, glad I'm done with it. :)

Sean

Parry Sound is just North West of Muskoka but has a very similar look and feel in certain parts.

Lick's is a quasi-popular mini chain. I can't finish one of their burgers....

However, Parry Sound had the greatest "dive-of-a-watering-hole" called "The Anchor". Pretty much a rite of passage into freedom for a young guy. Not sure if it's still there... I heard it burnerd down. (Which it ALMOST did a few times)