Los Angeles Boat Show

Dale

The Los Angeles Boat Show began today at the LA Convention Center and goes through Sunday. I'm going to spend part of my weekend there. It should be fun. They have a full house. http://www.losangelesboatshow.com/ :drool:

I'll be sure to take lots of photos and let you know what I see. Anyone else out here in the West plan on attending? If anyone has something they want me to check on while I'm there please let me know.

Dale

The 2010 Los Angeles Boat Show was interesting. Much smaller than I expected which was diappointing. It was only one floor. I expected it to be much larger. Economy driven I'm sure.:(

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, we were through the entire place in less than two hours. That includes taking pictures and having conversation with salespeople.

The salespeople didn't really seem interested in selling me anything though. Which was weird. Don't get me wrong I wasn't looking to spend a truck load of money, but they didn't even seem interested in their own product. During the entire show I never once had anyone come up to me and offer to give me any information or ask me if they could help me in any way. If I wanted any info I had to crowbar myself into conversations that salespeople were having with each other. A couple of times I literally had people make eye contact with me and then turn and walk away.:mad:

I only had 2 people even try to sell me anything. One was the President of Tige who wanted me to trade in my boat, and the other was the owner of 13th Floor Towers. 13th Floor Towers was the reason I went, so that wasn't much of a sell. I was already pretty sure I was buying their product. I just wanted to see it firsthand.

There were plenty of beautiful boats there though which I enjoyed checking out. Some of the manufacture's that were there included Hallett, DCB, Nordic, Malibu, Chapparal, Laser, Sanger, Tige and Sea Ray. AAA even had their funny car on display which was pretty cool.

Overall I would give the show about a five out of ten due to the size and the attitude of the salespeople at the show. I'm not letting this show discourage me though. The Orange County Boat Show is in April and I plan on going, so I'm hoping it will be will be better show.

Chris, I do have about 30 photos if you would like to post them. Let me know how you would like to handle. I can send them to you in an email if you like.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dale,

What day of the show did you go? I usually find that the booth workers are all enthusiastic the first few days of a show and then they start running out of steam.

For your pics, how about I create a gallery category for you and you can upload them? Let me know if that's cool and I'll get a category created for you. :)

-Chris

Dale

Chris,

I did consider that may have been the problem after I wrote the post. We did go on Sunday, the last day of the show. I just found the experience weird. You would think that Sunday would have also been the busiest day, so you would think they would have been ready for it.

I also found out today that a buddy of mine went on Sunday also, and without tipping my hat I asked him what he thought about the salespeople working the show. You would have though he read the post I wrote, so I know I wasn't the only one not feeling the love there on that day. Oh well, we still had a blast checking it all out.

Creating a gallery category for the pics works for me. As I said I only have about 30 that are worth posting, so don't go to too much trouble. I would be happy to post them though. Just let me know when it's ready and I'll post them a few at a time.

Thanks

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Dale,

The gallery category is up and ready to go. :thumb:

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics.

If you need any help getting your pics posted, let me know. :)

-Chris