I;m here, now what?

About a year ago, my wife was driving down the road and called me on my cell phone and asked if I had been out that day. I said "No. Why?" and she said that there was a boat on the cornerfor $750. and that I should go look at it. I did. and I called the guy. He came over and we dickered and I bought the boat for something less than his asking price, and that is where the fun started. When I went to DMV to change the title and register it the clerk said I should not have bought the boat from "Mr A." as he "did not own it" Mr. "B" did.:pissed:
The DMV did however give me Mr. "B's" address who I wrote to and eventually received a reply with a bill of sale to Mr."A" which I took to the DMV and received a clear title.:bigthumb:
All this took about nine months to get done. Also there a bit of enging work that needs to be done. And since the boat is sitting dormant in the back yard, it might a well be a "paper weight", Hence ny user name.
The boat: Caty-Did-It (She found it) is a 1982 19' Seaswirl with a Mercruiser 2.5L 4 cyl I/O OMC outdrive, with a Rochester 2BBL carb.;)

Thanks for the interesting story. Sounds like "endless title transfer." I've never heard of Seaswirl. Hope you'll keep us posted about the restoration progress. :D

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard - nice to have you with us.

Thanks for sharing your story, I guess in the end, all's well that ends well. :)

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have any pics you'd like to show off?

If so, let me know and we'll set it up so you can upload some to the gallery. :)

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
There's a few ways to get to them, depending on what kind of phone you have.

If it's blue tooth enabled and you have a blue tooth enabled computer, you can use the computer to get them off.

If your phone has a removable memory card, you can put the card into a computer with a reader.

If you have a phone that can also email, you could try emailing the pics to your computer. :)

-Chris

mvsdvs

In 1992 I dropped my son off for a Cub Scout Den meeting and saw a boat for sale. I came home and told my husband that we needed to take a ride.

What a ride -- 1974 Hustler Day Cruiser, 1995 Caliber1 ski boat, 1978 Eliminator jet boat (original metal flake), 1990 Landau pontoon boat, 1999 Warlock Cat, 1996 Aqua Patio Pontoon Boat....He's talking about a deck boat. There is no discussion as far as I'm concerned. We'll just hang on to the Cat for fast boating and the Aqua Patio for slow boating. It gets in your blood.

mvsdvs