Hello from new guy

R Socey

I purchased my dream boat 3, years ago. 1983 248 Fisherman. After 5, trips on the Chesapeake, I decided to completely restore, and customise it. I can see light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm really excited.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I purchased my dream boat 3, years ago. 1983 248 Fisherman. After 5, trips on the Chesapeake, I decided to completely restore, and customise it. I can see light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm really excited.
Welcome aboard - nice to have you with us. :)

What kind of work did you have to do to your boat to restore it? :)

-Chris

R Socey

Welcome aboard - nice to have you with us. :)

What kind of work did you have to do to your boat to restore it? :)

-Chris
I stripped it down to its innards; I removed everything. I tore the inside pair of stringers out. I dremeled the numerous gel coat cracks out, and filled them. I have put nearly 20, coats of varnish on the 60, pieces of teak I removed. I replaced all the plexiglass with new teak, and mahogany. I repaired the flooring. I covered the inside of the console with 3/4" marine plywood which I will fair, and paint. I plan to do a custom tri color soft sand floor. I plan to replace all the hardware with stainless - the list is endless - I love it. I hope to get it back in the water fall after next. Thankyou for welcoming me!

R Socey

I do have a bunch of pics. of the tare out, but I'm not allowed to post attachments.
I will be sure to take plenty of the rest of the process. I have learned alot. The economy caught me off guard, but I'm optimistic that I'll have everything turn key
in 24, months - I am not taking any shortcuts.