G'day from downunder

Huey

Hi and well done to Chris for a good looking site on the great past-time of boating. I have been involved in and been around boats all my life and I am lucky enough to be the third generation to run the family marine business in Sydney Australia.

I am looking forward to visiting this site often and reading how boating is done on the other side of the globe. Last year I was lucky enough to visit Montreal and go to the HQ of BRP and play with in the snow with some Ski-doos, which to me was one of the best things I have done on a machine with an engine. I grew up water skiing and mucking around in boats as well as riding motorbikes in the "bush" here, but you guys have got the best of both worlds-boating in summer and skidooing in winter, but I would need some time to get use to the cold.

:cheers:
Huey.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Huey!

Thank you for your kind words about the site, and more importantly welcome aboard. It's nice to have you here with us. :)

It's great to see we've signed up another member from Australia!

You'll have to give us the lo-down on the boating life "downunder".

It's nice to hear you visisted Montreal, hopefully you'll get a chance to check out some of my boating and cottage pics that I've posted. I live and cottage in Ontario which is the province west of Quebec. The terrain is pretty similar in both and we've got an almost unlimited amount of inland lakes of varying sizes. Our lake where we cottage is a couple of hours north of Toronto and the lake itself is about 7 or so miles long.

Anyhoo, welcome aboard! :)

-Chris

--dan--

Hi Huey.

We are both members of a fishing forum in Oz. Fancy bumping into you here fellow Raider =)

Dandas

kando

G'day Chris

Huey!

Thank you for your kind words about the site, and more importantly welcome aboard. It's nice to have you here with us. :)

It's great to see we've signed up another member from Australia!

You'll have to give us the lo-down on the boating life "downunder".

It's nice to hear you visisted Montreal, hopefully you'll get a chance to check out some of my boating and cottage pics that I've posted. I live and cottage in Ontario which is the province west of Quebec. The terrain is pretty similar in both and we've got an almost unlimited amount of inland lakes of varying sizes. Our lake where we cottage is a couple of hours north of Toronto and the lake itself is about 7 or so miles long.

Anyhoo, welcome aboard! :)

-Chris
G'day Chris,

Would that happen to be Lake Simco where you cottage? I lived on Simco (Sunshine Beach) and worked in Woodbine, (the paper mill on Lake Ontario) Toronto for nine months back in the 70s, a beaut time for me :thumb:

Cheers mate,

Bill...kando
From Australia

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi kando,

We don't cottage on Lake Simcoe. Lake Simcoe is a really big lake though and we do pass right by it on the way to our cottage though. Our cottage is actually on a smaller lake which is about an hour north of Lake Simcoe.

This past year I did a little journal type thread of our year at the cottage and posted regular pics.

Here's a link, check it out if you like. :)

[thread]235[/thread]

-Chris