Fountain President Resigns

PapaMaC

Though they "remainin optimistic" the future of Fountain and Baja doesn't look too good. A shame about Fountain, a friend of mine buys a new one every couple years and loves them. I've been fortunate enough to go on a few ride-alongs and they make some well tamed beasts in the 40' range. :surf:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
There's no doubt there has been a lot of twists and turns in the Baja story.

Fountain is another story all together.

-Chris

benski

These are tough times for a lot of people, it seems. Regardless of which new adminisration gets in to office, it will take a long time to turn things around. I hope the survival plan laid out works, it would be a shame to have 2008 be the last year these boats were available new.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well it's two main things causing the industry problems...(I think)....

It's the economy combined with the price of gas. The economy will right itself in time, but the price of gas may stay high for a while, or forever - who knows it's hard to tell.

So unless the costs of running a big gas guzzler boat come down, or people's ability or willingness to pay more to run them increase, it could be a while before we see a pickup in the boating industry, especially for big hulls.

I don't think somehow people will just stop boating, so maybe what they'll do is switch to smaller and more fuel efficient boats, or change their behavior somehow so it's less costly.

-Chris