Dad old 1977 Checkmate Trimate II

Will Switzer

Here are a few pictures of the Trimate that my dad had bought brand new in 1977 From Sammie at Action Marine here in Michigan . Sammie always kept this boat out on the water . He always took care of us . Thats just how Sammie was and his customers meant the world to him. He has been a Very good friend to Me and my dad .

Scan_1.jpg

Scan.jpg

dadscheckmate3.jpg

dadscheckmate.jpg

dadscheckmate2.jpg

john lamon

Nice Will, your lucky to have grown up with a mate, we had a Fiberform 18' I/O powered by a whopping 120hp 4cyl mercuiser when I was growing up, she topped out at about 35 mph, I used to call it the wash tub, lol, I spent all my time drooling over boats like your Dad's, don't get me wrong, I still appreciate that we had that boat and I have very fond memory's of it, I was taking that boat out by myself by the time I was 10 years old, probably why my Dad liked the limited power of it, I'll have to find the pic of me running it with my florescent pink hat on and post it up, it's a sweet pic, I guess florescent pink was in back in the day:rof:

Will Switzer

Nice Will, your lucky to have grown up with a mate, we had a Fiberform 18' I/O powered by a whopping 120hp 4cyl mercuiser when I was growing up, she topped out at about 35 mph, I used to call it the wash tub, lol, I spent all my time drooling over boats like your Dad's, don't get me wrong, I still appreciate that we had that boat and I have very fond memory's of it, I was taking that boat out by myself by the time I was 10 years old, probably why my Dad liked the limited power of it, I'll have to find the pic of me running it with my florescent pink hat on and post it up, it's a sweet pic, I guess florescent pink was in back in the day:rof:

I loved going out on this boat when I was a kid. Now I have one myself . I tell Sammie all the time Thanks . If it wasnt for him selling that to my dad in 77 I would most likely never gotten into Checkmates or boats period . Now I will always own a Checkmate and Mercury Outboards ....:surf:

john lamon

Yeah I always wanted a Checkmate, they are very rare here, a neighbor a few cabins down from us came home with a brand new Eluder in 1989 and I fell in love, it took me 20 years to finally get it in my hands and I'll never sell it, even if I get another mate I'll keep it around, it was pretty cool to get the actual boat that I always wanted as a kid, I used to just stand on the dock and stare at it, my Dad always liked it too and my Mom would just laugh at me when I would tell them that one day I would have that boat, I'll never forget the smile my Dad had on his face when I pulled up to his house with it behind my truck, he jumped in and we headed for the lake, I think he even forgot to tell my Mom he was leaving, LOL, it was a proud day for both of us.

Will Switzer

Yep. :)

We should twist his arm at some point and see if we can get him to post some of his non-Checkie stuff over here. :thumb:

-Chris

Thats if he has any . Most of his stuff was Checkmate even though he did sell hydrostream also . Ill ask him when I talk to him .