Bottom pad fiberglass mods.

checkmaster

I have a checkmate pulse 211 with a 300PM running @ 78GPS with 23" set back, I am looking to get some more top end speed out of this boat. Has anyone got any experience with widening the exsisting pad width from 10.5" out to? Any thoughts on this or hands on experience would surely be helpfull.

THX in advance Don:cheers:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I have a checkmate pulse 211 with a 300PM running @ 78GPS with 23" set back, I am looking to get some more top end speed out of this boat. Has anyone got any experience with widening the exsisting pad width from 10.5" out to? Any thoughts on this or hands on experience would surely be helpfull.

Don,

We had a member on the Check forums that bought a Pulsare that had a wider pad. When he bought it, he didn't know the pad had been widened. Eventually, he posted his top end numbers and a number of members questioned his honesty. Eventually he figured out that his pad had been widened when he was at a boat show and saw a new Pulsare at a dealers booth and the pad was different from his.

From what I remember, his boat ran about 3-5 MPH faster with the widened pad.

-Chris

checkmaster

Pad Mods

Thx Chris for the info,I can use all I can get.I posted more info on the subject in the Checkmate Forum under fiberglass retoration if your interested.
Thx Don

checkmaster

Pad mods,I had a typo error,the pad is now 7" and want to know if I should go to 10.5 " or?

Sorry about that Don