"Wanted" 20 inch lefthand gearcase for old 2.4litre merk

i dont know where to look or find older mercury parts, especially 20 inch gearcases. ive torn up a dozen in 3 years, but im in desperate need of a left hand rotation for my 2.4 litre on my tunnel. im grounded until. or find parts to rebuild it

Fun Times

no ive never tried anything, aint much at computers nor have time but im going find time. my motor man says go on scream & fly but im just looking for some info like you just gave me. thanks. weve got lots of speed boats, but all are in need of short shaft gearcases, & they are hard to find on the eastern shore.

yea ive got numbers

Hi, Have you tried googling "older mercury parts" like these?
http://www.google.com/search?source...lz=1T4ADRA_enUS351US351&q=older+mercury+parts

http://store.eastcoastmarineservice.com/[/QUOTEgot weve got lots of old motors, we build them from junk motors, so i dont see how serial numbers help. all my 2.4s & 2.5s take same gearcase, & might be made out of 10 old mercs because we have a 15 acre graveyard of merc powerheads & parts. if my exhaust housing numbers will help, ive got them sitting in front of me

Fun Times

[/QUOTE] Weve got lots of old motors, we build them from junk motors, so i dont see how serial numbers help. all my 2.4s & 2.5s take same gearcase, & might be made out of 10 old mercs because we have a 15 acre graveyard of merc powerheads & parts. [/QUOTE]Sorry, I was just trying to help.

With your engine serial number I'm able to look up parts for your engine using your engine year to try to help find the correct part numbers to fit your engine, and I can also have a look around at the mercury dealerships to find out if they happen to have any No longer available parts sitting around on their shelves, That is as long as they have listed them to mercury marine.

if my exhaust housing numbers will help, ive got them sitting in front of me[/QUOTE]Sorry, But that number would not help me help you.

If you don't have the serial number, Then the year and (HP) of your engine may help in some cases.

I'm not a big outboard tech, I do more sterndrive stuff, So I'm not to familiar with the ins and outs of outboard, But if I go by the book I do allright sometimes when trying to help out part wise.:sssh:

powerheads are 2.4-200s all 1980s

Weve got lots of old motors, we build them from junk motors, so i dont see how serial numbers help. all my 2.4s & 2.5s take same gearcase, & might be made out of 10 old mercs because we have a 15 acre graveyard of merc powerheads & parts. [/QUOTE]Sorry, I was just trying to help.

With your engine serial number I'm able to look up parts for your engine using your engine year to try to help find the correct part numbers to fit your engine, and I can also have a look around at the mercury dealerships to find out if they happen to have any No longer available parts sitting around on their shelves, That is as long as they have listed them to mercury marine.

if my exhaust housing numbers will help, ive got them sitting in front of me[/QUOTE]Sorry, But that number would not help me help you.

If you don't have the serial number, Then the year and (HP) of your engine may help in some cases.

I'm not a big outboard tech, I do more sterndrive stuff, So I'm not to familiar with the ins and outs of outboard, But if I go by the book I do allright sometimes when trying to help out part wise.:sssh:[/QUOTE]the gear cases are all the same, but my motor man says they are 2 to 1 ratio & 1.87. thanks for the help, ill try to find serial today sat 6-26

Attachments

• smilemaker2.jpg
    smilemaker2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 0
all my motors are 2.4 & 2.5 litre all older than 1990 and i have 4- 2.4s running & a 2.5 on my checkmate. all gearcases swap out. all are 200 hp. we put nosecones on them & weld tubing instead of hose for the low water pickup. ill send a pic of 1

doctored up gearcase

we weld on the cones & split some alum tubing instead of hoses because crabpots have caused me to burn lots of powerheads

Attachments

• 0912091542a.jpg
    0912091542a.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
my left hand 20 inch was a racing case, always in forward. we have pleanty of torn up cases if i new where to find shafts & gears we might be able to fix it ourselves