1963 or 65 texas maid?

gboat

I recently aquired a16' texas maid aluminum v hull. The engine appears to be original.It has a 1963 model merc inline 6 85h.p. The engine shows 150 compression. I have heard this motor run. I didn't get any paper work on the boat so I called our marine police division and they said it was registered as a 1965. The only thing I can find on the texas maid company is 1963. What I would like to know is, Is it worth anything? Is it worth more w/org. engine? If it is a 1965, and all info on company stops @1963 does that mean its that rare? Or did some knuckle register it wrong. I did replace the engine w/a newer t bolt 850. The boat was in bad shape when i got her, but now she awaits her 1stlake run. As soon as the weather breaks. Any info would be greatly appreciated.-(I SOME HOW KEEP SEEING TITANIC) Nah-No iceburgs in bama.

nathan

I believe they stopped in 1963 but I could be wrong. It would not be tthe first time a boat was incorrectly registered. what is the HIN or serial number on the boat? what it is worth depends on what it looks like, what shape it is in and what someone is willing to pay for it. post some pictures if you get a chance.