mariner40 troubles

cottoneyedjoe

Hey, I've got a 1981 Japanese made Mariner 40 that won't "taddle tale" pee. I ordered a water pump kit and removed the lower unit. When I inspected the water pump impeller, it was in great shape showing no signs of damage/wear whatsoever. Is something clogged, or froze up, where do I go next, I really need help !? thanks.

dave

take the hose off that goes to the pee spigot and see if water comes out, if it does the little thing is pluged try poking it with a piece of wire. if you still have no flow pull the hose off the head and poke around in there with a piece of wire it gets pluged with sand and rust sometimes.

Old Hickory

take the hose off that goes to the pee spigot and see if water comes out, if it does the little thing is pluged try poking it with a piece of wire. if you still have no flow pull the hose off the head and poke around in there with a piece of wire it gets pluged with sand and rust sometimes.

dittos; my merc 40 will get clogged almost every summer by tiny bees. they'll crawl in the hole lay a few eggs and cover the hole w/ mud. PIA, but popping the cowl; pulling the tube and working it w/ a piece of coat hanger dose the trick.

old johnson

Mud dobbers clog the pisser also I used to carry a piece of stiff wire and would stick it up the hole cause salt would build up. Rick