Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Do either of you guys remember the very early SeaDoo's that weren't jet powered and instead were outboard powered?

One family on our lake, had a old 1960's JohnnyRude 40 on theirs.

Crazy stuff! :)

-Chris

Fun Times

Do either of you guys remember the very early SeaDoo's that weren't jet powered and instead were outboard powered?

-Chris
For some reason I want to say yes I have seen something weird like that before running around.
017.gif
:sssh:
038.gif

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I did some surfin and couldn't find anything on those. I know they exist and I've seen more than one around.

Hopefully I'll come across one, or find the proper name for them.

-Chris

john lamon

-Chris
That does sound funny

A guy had one on are lake also, it was old but he had a newer 30 Yamaha on it. I can't remember what they were called either.

There was also a guy that had a thing that kind of looked like a surf board with a seadoo engine in it, I think it was called a ski pal or jet pal, it had a ski rope hooked to it that had controls on it so you could go skiing by yourself, you ever see one of those? I think it was made in the early 90's if I remember right.

Last edited:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well the one that had the 40 on it, was sorta like a jetski design, but it had a outboard on it instead. It also had the outboard controls as well, for obvious reasons. I think it was made of glass. I recall it being yellow.

AT the TIBS last year, there were some really wild things.

This guy had a pretty neat mini-cat thingy that had a small outboard on the back. It was called a CraigCat. :)

RNC

Here you go Chris 1961 Hydro-Cycle

Attachments

• 61 a.jpg
    61 a.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 10
  • 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 5

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Ah Ha! Thanks J. :thumb:

The one that our lake neighbor had, wasn't the exact same, but that was the basic idea of what they had. I remember it being yellow actually.

Where did you get those pics? Mind if I load 'em up in the gallery?

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I've discovered, that apparantly there is another similar model called a "Aqua Loop" as well. :)

aqualoop.jpg

-Chris

Fun Times

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0282.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

I thought you guys would like to see what this guys dad had lying around in his back yard for awhile, He said It doesn't run, And the last time it was registered was 1966
eh.gif
!