weird alarm

hillbilly.tim85

i have a 60 hp efi merc i went out the other day and as soon as i got past the no wake zone i went to wot (wide open throttle) and the alarm went sounded immediately i backed off it was silent so i throttled slowly and found the alarm sounded at 4000 rpms and went off at 2000 rpms has anybody run into this problem if so what was the problem. :yell:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
When the last time the impellar was changed?

I gather you checked to see if you picked up or had any debris or crap around the water pump inlet?

-Chris

Fun Times

i have a 60 hp efi merc i went out the other day and as soon as i got past the no wake zone i went to wot (wide open throttle) and the alarm went sounded immediately i backed off it was silent so i throttled slowly and found the alarm sounded at 4000 rpms and went off at 2000 rpms has anybody run into this problem if so what was the problem. :yell:
the only too things I could find to make this happen is either the engine is over heating or it is varry low on engine oil. Did you see water coming out of the pee hole while it was idling? And have you pulled the engine cover off and pulled the oil dip stick yet?