Toronto Maple Leaf Shakeup!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Thank God and Brian Burke is all I can say.

I'm not too sure how many more Leaf games like last night's I could stand!

There are two seperate deals...

Deal #1

Going to Calgary from Toronto...

Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman, Jamal Mayers & Ian White

Going to Toronto from Calgary...

Dion Phaneuf, Fredrik Sjostrom & Keith Aulie

Deal #2

Going to Anaheim from Toronto

Vesa Toskala & Jason Blake

Going to Toronto from Anaheim

Jean-Sebastien Giguere

This one works for me, I'm very much looking forward to watching Dion in a Leaf uniform. :thumb:

-Chris

ATVGUY

Couldn't agree more ,at least last year it wasn't as bad cause if they really stunk it up they could get first pick in the draft .

ATVGUY

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Couldn't agree more ,at least last year it wasn't as bad cause if they really stunk it up they could get first pick in the draft .

ATVGUY
Are you a hockey Fan ATV? Sure sounds like it. :thumb:

-Chris

ATVGUY

My wife and I were out shopping and stuff today ,drove her crazy with Leafs Lunch and the Bill Waters show. I wouldn't get out of the truck. I'm a big fan of the Leafs but I was getting pretty down on the season.

ATVGUY

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
My wife and I were out shopping and stuff today ,drove her crazy with Leafs Lunch and the Bill Waters show. I wouldn't get out of the truck. I'm a big fan of the Leafs but I was getting pretty down on the season.

ATVGUY
Yeah, it was getting pretty disheartening for sure.

I also try to listen to Leafs lunch when I can - or Hockey Central. I typically flip back and forth depending on what they've got on, or whom they've got on.

As I'm posting this, Dion just drilled a guy and had his first scrap - so things are looking up I'd say. :devil:

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
First night and we get a 3-0 Win!

Gotta like that - much better I'd say. :thumb:

-Chris

ATVGUY

Hey

Best game of the year , WOW I really enjoyed this one. I was losing intrest and now I so excited again .GO LEAFS GO .

ATVGUY

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey

Best game of the year , WOW I really enjoyed this one. I was losing intrest and now I so excited again .GO LEAFS GO .

ATVGUY
Friday night we have the Devils again. I would imagine Brodeur will play, so that might be a better test. And then we've got the Sens Saturday night, that should be a really good test, especially given how they're playing.

Maybe we can go on a little run and get closer to a playoff spot. :thumb:

-Chris

ATVGUY

HI Chris

Should be 2 great games. The Devils will want to win for sure and Ottawa is always a good game. Yeah I had all but given up on the playoffs but there is definately hope in Leafland again ! I've been checking out those new GT 150's ,pretty cool little boat . Talked to the owner of the company and he is seeing what it would take to ship to Canada . Just seeing whats out there and making sure I make the right decision. But now I would need more HP to get my 60mph.

Mike

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
HI Chris

Should be 2 great games. The Devils will want to win for sure and Ottawa is always a good game. Yeah I had all but given up on the playoffs but there is definately hope in Leafland again ! I've been checking out those new GT 150's ,pretty cool little boat . Talked to the owner of the company and he is seeing what it would take to ship to Canada . Just seeing whats out there and making sure I make the right decision. But now I would need more HP to get my 60mph.

Mike
What GT 150's? I'm guessing it's a Glastron GT 150?

Throw me a link. :)

-Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like Ilya Kovalchuk has been traded to the Devils.

Interesting.

If the report is correct, Kovalchuk and Anssi Salmela have been shipped to the Devils for Johnny Oduya, Niclas Berqfors, Patrice Cormier and a first round draft pick.

I'll check out the GT 150 site. :)

-Chris

ATVGUY

Hey

Kovalchuck going to the Devils ,too late to play tomorrow ? That news came late I guess . Looks like Leafs have some more cap room made today ,maybe they will use the dough for a new forward . Tell me your honest opinion on the GT150.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow nite.

Mike

Chris E

Wow and Kovalchuck is playing too ,I guess the win streak stops at 1 .

ATVGUY

yup - just remember, that it was only one game, and although the additions are good, they have to teach kessel how to score a goal, apparantly he's forgotton - i think it goes in that thing the goalie stands in front of i think they call it a "hoop" :brickwall:

if the leafs don't start creeping out of the basement the kessel trade will go down in leaf history as the worst ever.

ATVGUY

They should have stuck with the winning line up for a few games to build a little confidence ,these guys really need it.

ATVGUY

Chris E

They should have stuck with the winning line up for a few games to build a little confidence ,these guys really need it.

ATVGUY

take a 3-1 leave and blow it 4-3, well done guys, knew that was a one shot deal :pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

oh well - polish the golf clubs guys - you'll be needing them soon